Blueberry Muffins | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
These blueberry muffins are crispy golden on top and fluffy on the inside. Bursting with flavour, perfect for a lunchbox treat. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
These stunning healthy blueberry muffins are so easy to create. Make quickly yourself or get the kids involved. You can make these wholesome muffins with basic supermarket ingredients. No special equipment required. Packed full of tangy, juicy, jammy blueberries, these muffins are even suitable for freezing!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Uses wholemeal flour to keep you fuller for longer
- Low in calories
- Tangy and juicy
- Easy to make
- Healthier option
- Naturally sweet
- Low in Syns
- Slimming friendly
- Low in sugar
- Fun lunch time treat
- You can make these muffins with fresh or frozen blueberries.
Do not defrost frozen blueberries before using; just stir the frozen blueberries into the batter as directed.
- If you are following the Slimming World plan you must Syn the Blueberries.
Cooked fruit contains Syns.. please check with www.slimmingworld.co.uk for more information.
- Allow the muffins to cool before as they taste better
Even better if you can let them rest for a couple of hours at room temperature before serving.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Storage: Store leftovers in the cool/dry place in an airtight container or tin for up to 5 days.
- Reheat: Warm in the oven.
- Freezer: Absolutely, in fact I would recommend making a double batch and freezing one of them. Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
Get yourself a really good non stick 12 hole muffin tin. This way there is no need need for muffin cases. I love this Magic Salt tray. I don’t ever have to grease it, thanks to the non stick coating. Clean up is easy too. I’ve never had to soak or scrub this pan.
Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- Non Stick 12 Hole Muffin Tray
- 250g Wholemeal Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Granulated Sweetener
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 100ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 Level tbsp Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 150g Fat Free Greek Style Yoghurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100g Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
- If you do not have a non stick muffin tin please use low calorie cooking spray to grease the tin or prepare muffin cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the wholemeal flour, baking powder, sweetener, salt and cinnamon. Put to one side.
- In a another smaller bowl, whisk together the oil and honey.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Add the yoghurt and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Now pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the mixture. No need to defrost if you are using frozen.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin holes.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, until the muffins are golden on top. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.