These blueberry muffins are crispy golden on top and fluffy on the inside. Bursting with flavour, perfect for a lunchbox treat. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
These stunning healthy blueberry muffins are so easy to create. Make quickly yourself or get the kids involved. You can make these wholesome muffins with basic supermarket ingredients. No special equipment required. Packed full of tangy, juicy, jammy blueberries, these muffins are even suitable for freezing!
WHAT MAKES THESE MUFFINS A HEALTHY OPTION?
These muffins are healthier than your average blueberry muffins. We use wholemeal flour which not only reduces the calories, it keeps you fuller for longer.
The muffins naturally sweetened with honey which means the muffins are lower in overall sugar content compared to standard muffins.
WHAT MAKES THESE THE BEST HEALTHY BLUEBERRY MUFFINS?
- Tangy and juicy
- Easy to make
- Healthier option
- Naturally sweet
- Low in Syns*
- Slimming friendly
- Fun lunch time treat
HEALTHY BLUEBERRY MUFFIN TIPS
- You can make these muffins with fresh or frozen blueberries.
Do not defrost frozen blueberries before using; just stir the frozen blueberries into the batter as directed.
- If you are following the Slimming World plan you must Syn the Blueberries.
Cooked fruit contains Syns.. please check with www.slimmingworld.co.uk for more information.
- Allow the muffins to cool before as they taste better
Even better if you can let them rest for a couple of hours at room temperature before serving.
ARE THESE MUFFINS SUITABLE FOR STORING?
Absolutely, in fact I would recommend making a double batch and freezing one of them.
Allow to cool first. Then place in a suitable container. Store in a cool dry place for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost at room temperature.
Get yourself a really good non stick 12 hole muffin tin. This way there is no need need for muffin cases. I love this Magic Salt tray. I don’t ever have to grease it, thanks to the non stick coating. Clean up is easy too. I’ve never had to soak or scrub this pan.
Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- Non Stick 12 Hole Muffin Tray
- 250g Wholemeal Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Granulated Sweetener
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 100ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 Level tbsp Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 150g Fat Free Greek Style Yoghurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100g Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
- If you do not have a non stick muffin tin please use low calorie cooking spray to grease the tin or prepare muffin cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the wholemeal flour, baking powder, sweetener, salt and cinnamon. Put to one side.
- In a another smaller bowl, whisk together the oil and honey.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Add the yoghurt and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Now pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the mixture. No need to defrost if you are using frozen.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin holes.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, until the muffins are golden on top. Cool on a wire rack before serving.