A simple and tasty pesto pasta recipe perfect for those cold winter evenings. The delicious pasta dish can be whipped up in 25 minutes using fresh herbs and pasta. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
This simple yet delicious spin on a pesto sauce is so quick and easy to make. I am always looking for quick and yummy dishes to make that the whole family will enjoy. This one truly hits the spot as the boys loved it and there wasn’t a single complaint.
I chose to use dried pasta but you can swap for spaghetti or fresh pasta if you are short on time. Whatever you choose, this dish will impress even the fussiest of foodies and is perfect with a fresh green salad. (some cheeky garlic bread too if you fancy)
WHY IS THIS THE BEST HEALTHY PESTO PASTA?
- Delicious and full of flavour
- Quick and easy to make
- Syn Free* (unverified)
- Loved by the whole family
- Low in fat
- Low in calories
IS THIS DISH SUITABLE TO KEEP IN THE FREEZER?
Sadly not, this dish is best fresh.
IS THIS DISH SUITABLE TO KEEP IN THE REFRIGERATOR?
Absolutely, allow to cool before placing into a suitable container. Keep In the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave with 2 tbsp water.
Simple Pesto Pasta
- Food processor or hand blender
- 300g Dried Pasta
- 30g tbsp Quark
- Small handful of fresh basil
- Small handful of fresh mint
- Small handful of basil
- Small handful of dill
- 3 Cloves Garlic [Crushed]
- 1 Lemon [Juiced]
- ½ tsp Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- 2 dsp Pine Nuts (Optional) [2 Dessertspoons are 1 Healthy Extra B Portion]
- Cook pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Place quark, basil, mint, dill, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper into the blender.
- Blitz until smooth.
- Drain the pasta well and stir in the pesto sauce. You can use as much or as little of the pesto as you like. It is a very strong flavoured sauce so you may wish to start with less.
- [Optional] If you are adding pine nuts. Toast in the oven for 5 minutes. Stir into the pasta before serving.