Spanish Potatoes | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Spanish potatoes (aka Patatas Bravas) baked with a simple tangy tomato sauce flavoured with some basic seasonings. These potatoes are soft and fluffy in the centre and have a delicious crisp outer layer. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
These delicious roasted Spanish potatoes make the perfect side dish to almost any meal. With a spicy tomato twang this quick and easy Spanish dish is Syn Free* when following the Slimming World Plan. Honestly though it’s no secret that we LOVE potatoes in this house. We could shove a side of chips with anything.. so these Spanish potatoes are a nice change to the normal offerings.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Quick and easy to make
- Low in calories
- Syn Free
- Loved by the whole family
- Perfect side dish
Batch Cook – Storage Information
I would highly recommend eating these potatoes fresh. They do not freeze or reheat particularly well.
- 3 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 800g Potatoes [Cut into small cubes]
- Pinch Salt
- 3 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- ½ Lemon [Juiced]
- Sprinkling of rosemary
- Frylight/Low calorie cooking spray
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- In a bowl mix together tomato puree, smoked paprika and garlic.
- Add the potatoes and use your hands to coat the potatoes in everything.
- Place the potatoes into a baking tin, coat generously with Frylight and then bash the potatoes about a bit. Season well with salt and sprinkle with rosemary.
- Place into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove, and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Return to the oven for a further 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.
Can’t wait to make these. Thanks. x