CHICKEN FAJITA PASTA | HEALTHY SLIMMING RECIPE
Everything you love about Fajitas but scrap the tortilla wraps and replace with delicious pasta whilst still retaining that authentic Mexican taste. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Are you hugely struggling with dinner inspiration? I am.. I feel like I end up cooking the same things over and over. Well tonight I set myself a challenge to create something different with pasta and since Mrfatgirlskinny is crazy about fajitas I went for this. The ultimate Chicken Fajita pasta dish.
The best thing about this dish is it’s a great way to get lot’s of speedy vegetables in and it’s also full of protein. I am a bit obsessed with using whole wheat pasta at the moment but you are welcome to use any pasta you prefer.
One of the thing’s I look for in a recipe is quick, easy and mess free. Well I can’t promise mess free because that depends on you but I can promise it is quick and easy. I would say around 35 minutes including prep.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST CHICKEN FAJITA PASTA?
- Quick and easy to make
- Batch cook perfect
- For all of the family
IS THIS SUITABLE FOR BATCH COOKING?
Indeed it is.. it will keep in fridge for around 2 – 3 days and in the freezer for 1 month. Reheat in the microwave but ensure the chicken is cooked through.
Chicken Fajita Pasta
- 200g Skinless Chicken Breast (Diced)
- 150g Wholewheat Pasta, Dried
- 1 Small Red Onion (Diced)
- 2 Large Red Peppers (Diced)
- 1 Small Carrot (Peeled and Diced)
- 400g Kidney Beans (Drained and Washed)
- 200ml Boiling Chicken Stock (Made with 1 stock cube)
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 3 tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Granules
- ½ tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Spritz a pan with a little Frylight and bring to a high heat.
- In another pan bring some water to boil and add your pasta.
- Add garlic, pepper, onion and carrot. Sauté for around 2 – 3 minutes and then reduce the heat.
- Add boiling stock, Tomato puree, Paprika, Smoked Paprika, Hot chilli powder and salt. Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables have started to soften.
- Add kidney beans and continue to simmer for a further 5 minutes. If the mixture starts to dry add some more boiling water.
- Add the diced chicken and cook until all of the liquid has reduced and everything is cooked through.
- Drain pasta and add this to the mixture stir using a spoon to ensure everything is coated and mixed together well.