Everything you love about Fajitas but scrap the tortilla wraps and replace with delicious pasta whilst still retaining that authentic Mexican taste.
Are you hugely struggling with dinner inspiration? I am.. I feel like I end up cooking the same things over and over. Well tonight I set myself a challenge to create something different with pasta and since Mrfatgirlskinny is crazy about fajitas I went for this. The ultimate Chicken Fajita pasta dish.
The best thing about this dish is it’s a great way to get lot’s of speedy vegetables in and it’s also full of protein. I am a bit obsessed with using whole wheat pasta at the moment but you are welcome to use any pasta you prefer.
One of the thing’s I look for in a recipe is quick, easy and mess free. Well I can’t promise mess free because that depends on you but I can promise it is quick and easy. I would say around 35 minutes including prep.
Is this suitable for batch cooking?
Indeed it is.. it will keep in fridge for around 2 – 3 days and in the freezer for 1 month. Reheat in the microwave but ensure the chicken is cooked through.
SERVINGS: 2 – 3
200g Chicken Breast, Diced
150g Whole Wheat Pasta
2 Red Peppers, Diced
1 Small Red Onion, Diced
1 Small Carrot, Diced
400g Tin Kidney Beans (Drained and washed)
200ml Boiling Chicken Stock
2 Tablespoons Tomato Puree
3 Teaspoons Paprika
1/4 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
1/2 Teaspoon Hot Chilli Powder
Pinch Of Salt
- Spritz a pan with a little Frylight and bring to a high heat.
- In another pan bring some water to boil and add your pasta.
- Add garlic, pepper, onion and carrot. Sauté for around 2 – 3 minutes and then reduce the heat.
- Add boiling stock, Tomato puree, Paprika, Smoked Paprika, Hot chilli powder and salt. Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables have started to soften.
- Add kidney beans and continue to simmer for a further 5 minutes. If the mixture starts to dry add some more boiling water.
- Add the diced chicken and cook until all of the liquid has reduced and everything is cooked through.
- Drain pasta and add this to the mixture using a spoon to ensure everything is coated and mixed together well.
- Serve and enjoy.
If you like the idea of being a bit fancier than me.. try a dollop of fat free Greek style yogurt or grated cheese on top. I didn’t have either but I will give that a go next time for sure.