This ultimate Cajun beef burger is packed full of delicious ingredients with a spicy kick. The best thing about it is the recipe is 100% Syn free.
I absolutely love burgers and I am forever trying to think up new combinations and ideas. I also love Cajun flavours so I thought it would be great to create a beef burger with a spicy Cajun kick. I am always excited when an idea turns into a new recipe for my followers. This might be my new favourite combination… (for now)
I am going to tell you how to make the burger patties, I will leave the toppings up to you. I have topped with my Healthy extra Cheese allowance, Bacon, Tomato and Spinach. I definitely feel some pulled chicken or pork would be amazing in here too.
Are these suitable for freezing?
Yes they will keep in the freezer for up to 1 month. But don’t forget to cool completely before freezing and defrost thoroughly before cooking.
You don’t need anything really fancy to create this recipe and whilst you can easily use your hand to press the burgers into a shape. I do highly recommend using a burger press. I have this awesome one from Amazon but you can also buy them most local supermarkets.
The Ultimate Cajun Burger
- Burger Press
- 400 g Lean 5% Beef Mince
- 1 Egg (Beaten)
- 1/4 Red Onion (Grated)
- 2 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Granules
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Powder
- Pinch Salt
- Place Cajun spice, Garlic, Paprika, Mustard powder and salt into a bowl, Mix together well.
- Grate the onion into the bowl and mix together well.
- Place mince into the bowl and get your hands dirty mixing everything together.
- Add beaten egg and continue to use your hands to mix everything together well.
- Using your hands or a burger press create 4 small patties.
- Spritz a pan with a good amount of Frylight and bring to a medium heat.
- Add the patties to the pan and cook for 10 – 15 minutes turning occasionally.
- Serve with the topping and bun of your choice 🙂