Ultimate Cajun Beef Burger | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This ultimate Cajun beef burger is packed full of delicious ingredients with a spicy kick. The best thing about it is the recipe is 100% Syn Free when following the Slimming World plan.
I absolutely love burgers and I am forever trying to think up new combinations and ideas. I also love Cajun flavours so I thought it would be great to create a beef burger with a spicy Cajun kick. I am always excited when an idea turns into a new recipe for my followers. This might be my new favourite combination… (for now)
I am going to tell you how to make the burger patties, I will leave the toppings up to you. I have topped with my Healthy extra Cheese allowance, Bacon, Tomato and Spinach. I definitely feel some pulled chicken or pork would be amazing in here too.
Why you’ll love this recipe…
- Low in fat
- Slimming World friendly
- Syn Free
- Full of flavour
- Quick and easy to make
- Perfect for the whole family
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Create the patties, store in an airtight container separated by greaseproof paper. Cook as normal when ready. Store for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: I would not suggest reheating these burgers, they are best eaten hot..
- Freezer: Create the patties, store in an airtight container or bag separated by greaseproof paper. Thaw and then cook as normal when defrosted. Store for up to 3 months.
You don’t need anything really fancy to create this recipe and whilst you can easily use your hand to press the burgers into a shape. I do highly recommend using a burger press. I have this awesome one from Amazon but you can also buy them most local supermarkets.
The Ultimate Cajun Beef Burger
- Burger Press
- 400 g Lean 5% Beef Mince
- 1 Egg (Beaten)
- 1/4 Red Onion (Grated)
- 2 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Granules
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Powder
- Pinch Salt
- Place Cajun spice, Garlic, Paprika, Mustard powder and salt into a bowl, Mix together well.
- Grate the onion into the bowl and mix together well.
- Place mince into the bowl and get your hands dirty mixing everything together.
- Add beaten egg and continue to use your hands to mix everything together well.
- Using your hands or a burger press create 4 small patties.
- Spritz a pan with a good amount of Frylight and bring to a medium heat.
- Add the patties to the pan and cook for 10 – 15 minutes turning occasionally.
- Serve with the topping and bun of your choice 🙂
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.