These healthy Syn free Courgette Fritters are perfect for all of the family. Made with grated Courgette and one of your Healthy Extra A Cheese portions this delicious recipe makes the ideal snack or lunchbox treat.
Courgette (or for my American followers Zucchini) just happens to be my favourite vegetable. I eat courgette with everything. Roasted, baked, fried, grated into a salad, made into courgetti spaghetti… it’s the perfect versatile vegetables.
These Courgette fritters are the perfect tasty light lunch. I like to pair them with a big dollop of quark or fat free Greek style yoghurt. OR pop them in your lunchbox as a cold snack. (The kids will love them too)
WHY ARE THESE FRITTERS SO GOOD?
- Syn Free
- Perfect for the lunchbox
- Healthy snack that even the kids will enjoy
- Quick and easy
- Low in fat
CAN YOU STORE/FREEZE COURGETTE FRITTERS?
Absolutely, you can easily freeze Courgette Fritters. To avoid them sticking together, so you can defrost one at a time, freeze separated with sheets of baking paper. Allow to cool before placing in the freezer for up to one month.
Thoroughly defrost the Courgette Fritters before either eating at room temperature or warming through in the pan.
You can also store in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container. Allow to cool first.
Syn Free Courgette Fritters
- 2 Large Courgettes
- 2 Eggs
- 30g Cheddar Cheese, Grated (Healthy Extra A)
- ½ tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
- ¼ tsp Mustard Powder
- 1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Frylight or Low Fat cooking spray
- Coarsley grate courgette, place into a colander and using a dry paper towel push all of the water out of the courgette.
- Add the courgette into a medium sized bowl. Fold in grated cheese, mixed herbs, mustard powder, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Beat both eggs in a small bowl and then fold into the mixture.
- Mold together fritter shapes (approx 4 – 5)
- Spritz a pan with a good amount of Frylight and bring to a medium heat. The tip is to cook these slowly to prevent burning.
- Cook for approx. 4 minutes each side, if you find they are sticking add more Frylight or flip often. (These would also work in the Actifry with blade removed for 6 – 8 minutes)
Have you created this recipe?
If so I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to let me know how it went in the comments below and even better if you have photos
please tag me on social media.
You can follow me on:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter