Courgette Fritters | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
These healthy Slimming friendly Courgette Fritters are perfect for all of the family. Made with grated Courgette and one of your Cheese portions this delicious recipe makes the ideal snack or lunchbox treat. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Courgette (or for my American followers Zucchini) just happens to be my favourite vegetable. I eat courgette with everything. Roasted, baked, fried, grated into a salad, made into courgetti spaghetti… it’s the perfect versatile vegetables.
These Courgette fritters are the perfect tasty light lunch. I like to pair them with a big dollop of quark or fat free Greek style yoghurt. OR pop them in your lunchbox as a cold snack. (The kids will love them too)
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Syn Free
- Perfect for the lunchbox
- Healthy snack that even the kids will enjoy
- Quick and easy
- Low in fat
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob in a pan.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in the freezer for up to 3 months. To avoid them sticking together, so you can defrost one at a time, freeze separated with sheets of baking paper. Thoroughly defrost the Courgette Fritters before either eating at room temperature or warming through in the pan.
Syn Free Courgette Fritters
- 2 Large Courgettes
- 2 Eggs
- 30g Cheddar Cheese, Grated (Healthy Extra A)
- ½ tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
- ¼ tsp Mustard Powder
- 1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Frylight or Low Fat cooking spray
- Coarsley grate courgette, place into a colander and using a dry paper towel push all of the water out of the courgette.
- Add the courgette into a medium sized bowl. Fold in grated cheese, mixed herbs, mustard powder, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Beat both eggs in a small bowl and then fold into the mixture.
- Mold together fritter shapes (approx 4 – 5)
- Spritz a pan with a good amount of Frylight and bring to a medium heat. The tip is to cook these slowly to prevent burning.
- Cook for approx. 4 minutes each side, if you find they are sticking add more Frylight or flip often. (These would also work in the Actifry with blade removed for 6 – 8 minutes)