Homemade Spinach Soup | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This fresh spinach soup is wonderfully nutritious and delicious. It is very easy to make and will be ready in just 30 minutes. The perfect lunch that the whole family will enjoy. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Recently I have been looking for quick and easy lunch time meals to help keep me on plan. Batch cooking is my friend when work is busy and this healthy colourful spinach soup is full of flavour and easy to reheat.
The great thing about this soup is the spinach doesn’t have to be the freshest.. if you have some wilting spinach left in the fridge or you notice a bag in the discount section of your local supermarket grab it and make some delicious soup! Oh did I mention it’s literally only 158 calories per serving too?!?
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Syn free using Healthy extra A
- Great for batch cooking
- Great for all of the family
- Quick and easy
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Allow to cool and then store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
Looking to take this soup to work?
My dad actually recommended this product after he started his weight loss journey. He is obsessed with homemade soup (and his soup maker may I add..) and he was desperate to take soup to work. His company is tight and wouldn’t fork out for a microwave so he invested in this awesome soup thermos. It will keep food hot for up to 6 hours! Perfect for soup, porridge, curry etc.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Fatgirlskinny must remind you that all Syn guidance is an estimate by us too. You should always double check with the Slimming World app or your consultant first. The whole portion of soup is worth 2 Healthy extra portions so divide accordingly. Also spinach is a speed food so devour as you please and know you are not straying from the plan.
If you like this soup recipe… you might also like these too:
Healthy Spinach Soup
- Food processor or hand blender
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (Crushed)
- ½ Medium Onion (Finely Diced or Grated)
- 1 Stalk of Celery (Finely Diced or Grated)
- 1 Medium White Potato (Peeled, finely cubed)
- 500ml Boiling Chicken or Vegetable Stock (Using 2 Stock Cubes)
- 500ml Semi-Skimmed Milk (At room temperature)
- 200g Fresh Baby Spinach
- Black Pepper
- Frylight or Low fat cooking spray
- Over a medium heat and with a spritz of Frylight sauté the garlic, onion, celery and potato for 5 minutes.
- Add boiling stock and milk. Bring to the boil, cover with a lid and allow to simmer over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in half of the spinach, a pinch of Black pepper, cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Place into a blender or Nutribullet with the remaining spinach and blend until smooth.
- Place back into the pan for 2 minutes over a medium heat stirring constantly to reheat.
Have you created this recipe?
If so I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to let me know how it went in the comments below and even better if you have photos
please tag me on social media.
You can follow me on:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
I love your recipes – is there a cookbook coming soon? Thank you for keeping weight loss interesting and fun
I have constant emails from publishers trying to snap me up for a cook book but its not the right time at the moment 🙂 xx