Aubergine and Chickpea Bites | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
These vegetarian aubergine bites with chickpeas are incredibly delicious. They are fun to make and even the kids will love getting involved. This unofficial recipe is the perfect snack for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Not only are these bites delicious they are created using aubergine which is a food which can boosts your weight loss. They make the perfect healthy snack that the whole family will enjoy. I tried making these a few weeks ago with my boys and I was pleasantly surprised at the success!
This versatile recipe can be used as a snack, lunch box treat, canapé or chucked into a leafy green salad.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Fun to make
- Loved by all
- Healthy snacking
- Low Syn
- Lunchbox treat
- Full of flavour
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
They can even be made the day before, just leave the aubergine part in the fridge overnight before coating in polenta.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or in the oven.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw for 4 – 6 hours at room temperature or overnight in the fridge before reheating.
Aubergine and Chickpea Bites
- 3 Large Aubergines [Halved, cut side scored]
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Clove Garlic [Crushed]
- 400g Canned Chickpeas [Drained]
- 2 tbsp Gram Flour
- ½ Lemon [Juiced, Zested]
- 25g Polenta [Dry]
- Frylight/Low Cal spray oil
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Spray the aubergine halves with spray oil, then put them cut-side up in a large roasting tin. Add the garlic, coriander and cumin seeds. Roast for 40 mins until the aubergine is tender. Set aside to cool.
- Scoop the aubergine flesh into a bowl and discard the skins.
- Scrape the spices and garlic from the pan into the bowl.
- Add the chickpeas, gram flour, lemon zest and juice, then roughly mash together.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Shape the mixture into 20 balls and put them on the baking tray. Leave to chill in the fridge for at least 30 mins. [Can be left overnight]
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Tip the polenta onto a plate, roll the balls in it to coat, then return them to the tray and spray each one with a little spray oil.
- Place into the oven and roast for 20 – 25 mins until crispy, hot and golden.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.
How much garlic?
Ooops thanks for bringing that to my attention. Recipe updated 🙂