Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Delicious and creamy (but cream-less) roasted cauliflower soup which will warm those cold winter Blues. Healthy and filling. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Let’s face it… winter is coming! Yes, I am sorry but it really is. The clocks go back at the weekend and those cold depressing dark evenings are coming. It won’t be long until you are online searching websites for comforting winter recipes to warm the cockles. This creamy cauliflower soup will absolutely warm you up for a quick and easy filling lunch or dinner.
I know cauliflower soup might not automatically sound appealing but I promise it’s delicious and well worth giving it a go.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Creamy without using cream
- Full of flavour
- Syn free
- Full of speed foods
- Low in calories and fat
- Perfect for reheating
- The whole family will love it
- Suitable for freezing
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
Looking to take this soup to work?
My dad actually recommended this product after he started his weight loss journey. He is obsessed with homemade soup (and his soup maker may I add..) and he was desperate to take soup to work. His company is tight and wouldn’t fork out for a microwave so he invested in this awesome soup thermos. It will keep food hot for up to 6 hours! Perfect for soup, porridge, curry etc.
Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- 1 Large (1.5kg) Cauliflower [Prepared and cut into florets]
- ½ tbsp Ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp Mustard Powder
- 1 Large Onion [Finely diced]
- 1 Large Celery Stick [Finely sliced]
- 1 Garlic Clove [Crushed]
- 800ml Boiling Vegetable Stock
- 100g Fat Free Natural Yoghurt [Room temperature]
- Wedge of Lime
- Black Pepper
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Place the cauliflower florets into a bowl and coat with a good helping of Frylight and the ground cumin. Bash the bowl about ensuring the cauliflower is well coated with everything. Place the florets onto a non-stick baking tray and into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large pan add ¼ of the stock and bring to the boil. Add onion, celery, garlic, Lime Juice and mustard powder. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and set aside a few small florets for garnishing later. Add the rest to the pan along with the rest of the stock. Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 10 – 15 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- Using a hand blender or food processor blend everything until smooth. Pop back into the pan and over a low heat gradually stir in the yoghurt. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a garnish of roasted florets and a drizzle of extra yoghurt.