Creamy Carrot and Ginger Soup | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This quick and easy 7 ingredient carrot ginger soup is one of my favourite healthy recipes to warm up any Grey winter day. It’s creamy and refreshing but above all it’s a filling meal, full of veggies and so delicious! This recipe has been created with Slimming World in mind, but is also suitable for WW followers or people following a calorie deficit.
It feels like I am forever left with a big bag of carrots at the end of every week. Mainly because I am terrible and always wasting food. I start the beginning of the week with good intentions of filling my plate full of speedy vegetables each day but in fact I lose interest after a few days and my fridge will be full of unused vegetables on Friday. So I have started looking for new recipes that will use up leftover vegetables to save them going in the food waste bin!
This super quick and easy carrot ginger soup recipe is full of flavour, creamy and only uses 7 inexpensive ingredients. The ginger gives the soup a delicious fresh taste and the garlic gives it depth of flavour. The whole family will enjoy and it’s perfect reheated from the fridge for a quick and easy lunch.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Depth of flavour
- Syn free*
- Full of Speed vegetables
- Low in fat
- Perfect for batch cooking
- The whole family will love it
- Quick and easy
- Cheap to make
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
Looking to take this soup to work?
My dad actually recommended this product after he started his weight loss journey. He is obsessed with homemade soup (and his soup maker may I add..) and he was desperate to take soup to work. His company is tight and wouldn’t fork out for a microwave so he invested in this awesome soup thermos. It will keep food hot for up to 6 hours! Perfect for soup, porridge, curry etc.
Carrot Ginger Soup
- 1 Large onion [Diced]
- 2 tbsp Coarsely grated ginger
- 2 Garlic cloves [Crushed]
- ½ tsp Ground nutmeg
- 850ml Vegetable Stock
- 500g Uncooked Carrots [Sliced, No need to peel]
- 400g Cannellini Beans [Tinned, undrained]
- Put ¼ of the vegetable stock into a large pan and bring to the boil. Add the onion, ginger and garlic and allow to simmer for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Stir in the nutmeg and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the stock, carrots, beans (including their juice) and cover. Leave to simmer for 20 – 25 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Blitz everything with a food processor or hand blender until smooth. Return to a pan and heat until bubbling. Add salt and Pepper to taste and serve.