This Syn Free recipe has been tried and tested week after week, making the best homemade Slimming World friendly pizza. My family now prefers my homemade pizza to takeaway.
It’s been really hard to create a pizza and keep it Slimming World friendly. I have been perfecting it for years. I have had some great attempts using Syns but I really wanted a Syn Free recipe incorporating Healthy Extras. This pizza really hits the spot and the topping decisions are up to you.
Are you a pizza person? (Is there a person who is not a pizza person?) We do pizza Friday at our house every week! We used to buy supermarket pizzas or order in but now we make them from scratch every week. The kids love getting involved and I think they enjoy it more after their efforts.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST SYN FREE SLIMMING WORLD PIZZA?
- Easy to make
- Fun to make with the kids
- Choose your own toppings
- Syn free
- Uses Healthy Extra A and B
IS THIS PIZZA SUITABLE FOR COOKING AHEAD OF TIME?
The dough can be made ahead of time (even the night before). Just wrap in clingfilm and leave in the fridge.
The sauce can also be made in advance and stored for up to 5 days in the fridge or 6 months in the freezer.
However I wouldn’t recommend freezing the pizza once it has been made.
SYN FREE PIZZA TOPPING IDEAS
- Ham & fresh pineapple (remember to add the pineapple on after cooking)
- Chicken & Mushroom
- Chicken tikka slices
- Chicken, Beef & Cherry tomatoes
- Spinach & Mushroom
- Ham & Mushroom
- Beef, Jalapenos, Red onion and Red pepper
- Mushroom, Mixed peppers, Red onion and Cherry tomatoes
- Slimming World Syn free sausage, Beef, Mushrooms, Mixed peppers and Red onion
- Tuna, Sweetcorn and Red onions
IS THIS PIZZA SLIMMING WORLD FRIENDLY?
Absolutely!! Using 60g of made up bread mix counts as 1 Healthy Extra B portion for the day. Also 70g Reduced fat mozzarella counts as 1 Healthy Extra A portion. Everything else is Syn Free!
Tomato pasta/pizza sauce
- 2 x 400g Tins Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- ½ tsp Dried Basil
- ½ Onion [Peeled, finely diced]
- 1 Garlic Clove [Crushed]
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Paprika
- Add all ingredients into a sauce pan, cover with a lid and simmer for 30-40 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
Syn Free Pizza
- Pasta Sauce [See Above Recipe]
- 500g Packet Wholemeal Bread Mix [60g made up is Healthy Extra B]
- 70g Mozzarella, reduced fat/light [Shredded]
- Warm Water [Use around 10ml less than suggested on packet]
- Frylight/Low calorie cooking spray
- Choice of toppings
- Prepare and create tomato sauce [As per recipe above]
- Make up bread mix as instructed on the packet. Then on a lightly dusted surface knead the bread for around 5 – 6 minutes.
- Pre heat oven to 180c/160c fan/Gas 4.
- Place the mix into a bowl and cover with either clingfilm or a damp towel. Place in a a warm place and leave for around 30 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Place the dough back onto a lightly dusted surface and knead for another 5 minutes. Then divide into 60g sections. [60g is 1 Healthy Extra B portion]Here is where you can freeze or store portions for further use.
- Using a lightly dusted rolling pin. Roll out your pizza dough to the desired thickness and shape.
- Spritz a baking pan with Frylight before placing the pizza on. Then spray the top of the pizza generously.
- Place into the oven for approx 7 – 8 minutes.
- Remove and top with delicious tomato sauce, shredded mozzarella and your choice of toppings. [Remember to pre cook any meat]
- Place back into the oven for 8 – 9 minutes before serving.