This is a classic Indian dish that’s very popular amongst novice Indian food eaters. Syn Free on the Slimming World but that doesn’t mean it loses any of the authentic taste
On this page you will find the most healthy, luscious, medium to hot, weeknight manageable, Slimming World friendly, must have it NOW chicken tikka masala.
It’s pretty much everything you want or need from a tikka masala. It’s packed full of flavour, tangy, rich and as creamy as it can be without using full fat cream! Serve it over hot rice and you are in tikka masala heaven.
I first created this Chicken Tikka recipe back in 2015 when I first joined Slimming World and honestly the first attempt tasted like a mouthful of grit.. Of course, there must exist about 2 million different recipes and methods for making Chicken Tikka Masala out there, and a lot of them are probably much closer to the authentic Indian dining experience than this healthy recipe will ever be. But I like to think it tastes pretty tasty and is a great alternative to ordering from your local takeaway.
You will need to plan a little bit ahead of time, since the chicken needs to marinate in a mixture of yogurt and spices for up to an hour. I would highly recommend leaving in the fridge overnight if you have this opportunity.
All you need now is something to service your delicious curry with… Try one of our other Indian fakeaway recipes.
Or why not try my delicious LOW SYN NAAN BREAD recipe to mop up the curry sauce at the end?
WHY IS THIS RECIPE SO GOOD?
- Creamy, thick, filling and healthy
- Tastes delicious
- Very quick and easy to make
- Syn free
- Perfect for all of the family
IS THIS CURRY SLIMMING WORLD FRIENDLY?
Of course! This curry is 100% Syn Free when following the Slimming World plan. Which means you do not need to measure or portion control. Fill your boots and eat as much as you like until full.
IS THIS RECIPE SUITABLE FOR FREEZING AND REHEATING?
ABSOLUTELY! Allow to cool before placing into an airtight container. This will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days and in the freezer for 1 month but remember to defrost thoroughly before reheating. To reheat pop in the microwave for 4 – 5 minutes, stirring half way or place in a pan on a medium heat and simmer for 5 – 6 minutes.
NOTHING WARMS THE HEART MORE THAN A BIG BOWL OF CURRY!
Chicken Tikka Curry
- Food Processor
- 300 g Skinless Boneless Chicken Thigh (Diced)
- 400 g Chopped Tomatoes (Drained)
- 1 Onion (Diced)
- 10 tbsp Natural Fat Free Yogurt
- 150 ml Boiling Chicken Stock
- 4 tbsp Tikka Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- Pinch Salt
- To make the marinade: Using a food processor blend together 6 tbsp Natural yoghurt, tikka spice, ginger, paprika, cumin, basil, garlic and salt to form a paste. Cover the chicken with the paste, cover and place into the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Making the curry: Spritz a pan with Frylight, bring to a medium heat and add the onion. Cook until softened.
- Add the chicken and cook for a further 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the boiling stock and chopped tomatoes. Stir well, cover with a lid and simmer on a medium heat for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add the remaining yogurt. Stir through and serve over delicious rice.
Have you created this recipe?
If so I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to let me know how it went in the comments below and even better if you have photos
please tag me on social media.
You can follow me on:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter