Creamy Moroccan Pumpkin and Chickpea Soup | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
A delicious Moroccan pumpkin soup with chickpeas which makes a great alternative to a typical pumpkin soup. Full of flavour and only 165 calories per serving. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Pumpkin soup is a quintessential winter warmer and this Moroccan Pumpkin and Chickpea Soup is a new spin on the beloved classic. This recipe can be made from everyday cupboard ingredients, you can easily whip this up for dinner at a moment’s notice. I love to have a few tins of pumpkin in the cupboard for when I am in the mood for a delicious hearty soup.
This healthy filling soup with a spicy kick is packed full of speed food, low in fat and only 165 Calories per serving (or Syn free* if you don’t calorie count).
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Full of flavour
- Quick and easy to make
- Low in fat
- Perfect for reheating
- Syn Free
Looking to take this soup to work?
My dad actually recommended this product after he started his weight loss journey. He is obsessed with homemade soup (and his soup maker may I add..) and he was desperate to take soup to work. His company is tight and wouldn’t fork out for a microwave so he invested in this awesome soup thermos. It will keep food hot for up to 6 hours! Perfect for soup, porridge, curry etc.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE! SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
Moroccan Pumpkin and Chickpea Soup
- Food processor or hand blender
- 1 Onion [Diced]
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- 850g (Two Tins) Natural Pumpkin Puree
- 950ml Vegetable Stock [Using 2 stock cubes]
- 400g Tinned Chickpeas [Drained and rinsed]
- Pinch Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Add 100ml of the vegetable stock into a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, ginger and black pepper. Simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the stock and chickpeas. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and lemon juice and simmer for a further 5 minutes ensuring the chickpeas are cooked.
- Blitz until smooth using a hand blender, season to taste and serve.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.
Love all your recipes fair play to you and thanks a mil
Thank you Martina 🙂 x