A simple, stress-free mushroom risotto, that requires no complicated techniques, healthy, low fat and still tastes authentic. Ready in less than 35 minutes, with minimal prep this is an ideal recipe for a midweek dinner the whole family will love!! This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Risotto is a creamy rice, boiled in stock, that originated in northern Italy. Risotto seems pretty fancy, but honestly it’s so simple and easy to make with very minimal prep. This recipe is Slimming friendly and is 100% suitable for reheating too so it makes the perfect batch cook recipe.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST MUSHROOM RISOTTO?
- Easy to make
- Minimal prep
- Suitable for reheating
- Syn Free*
IS THIS RECIPE SUITABLE FOR REHEATING?
While risotto really is at its best when it’s fresh, if you do happen to have leftover, it will be fine in the fridge…. Avoid freezing risotto. It’s actually best not to freeze risotto. Cooked rice can become hard when frozen, and the texture of the risotto could get a bit grainy.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE. SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
- 200g Risotto Rice
- ½ Onion [Peeled, Diced]
- 6 Large Chesnut Mushrooms [Sliced]
- 800ml Boiling Vegetable Stock [Made with 2 Stock Cubes]
- 1 Garlic Clove [Crushed]
- Salt and Pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray (Frylight)
- Spritz a pan with a little low calorie cooking spray and cook the onion and mushroom for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add risotto rice, stock, garlic, pinch of salt & pepper. Simmer on a medium heat for 15 – 20 minutes stirring often until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Serve and enjoy!