Everything you love about a deluxe pizza without all of the Syns. With flavours like pepperoni, beef, onion and plenty of cheese in a kiddo-friendly Slimming World compatible pasta recipe, ready in 55 minutes. What’s not to love?!
I am a big pizza fan!! And my family, well they love pizza too, but thankfully they also love pasta… so why not combine the two in a healthy Slimming World friendly dish?
Once combined, you have the most mouthwatering pasta, full of pizza flavours, and lots of yummy, crispy cheese. This delicious and filling recipe will impress the entire family and certainly won’t break the Syns!
WHY IS THIS THE BEST SPICY PIZZA PASTA?
- Low Syn
- Perfect for the whole family
- Healthier alternative to pizza
- Rich and full of flavour
IS THIS RECIPE SUITABLE FOR REHEATING?
- This recipe can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Re heat in the microwave for 2 – 3 minutes or until piping hot.
- This is not suitable for freezing.
IS THIS RECIPE SLIMMING WORLD FRIENDLY?
Absolutely… simply allow 2 Syns for the Pepperoni and 1 Healthy Extra-A for the cheese used per serving.
For those calorie counters this is only 420 calories per serving.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE. SIGN UP TO EMAILS BELOW.
Low Syn Spicy Pizza Pasta
- 50g Pepperoni [Sliced] (7 Syns)
- 150g Lean 5% Beef Mince
- 1 Fresh Red Chilli [De-seeded, sliced thinly]
- 300g Dried Pasta of your choice
- 1 Large Onion [Peeled, Diced]
- 2 Cloves Garlic [Peeled, Crushed]
- 1 Red Pepper [De-seeded, finely chopped]
- 3 Large Mushrooms (Optional) [Finely Sliced]
- 1 (400g) Tin Chopped Tomatoes [Italian Syle]
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 200g Passata
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Basil
- Low fat cooking spray (frylight)
- 140g Reduced Fat Mozzarella [Crumbled] (2 x he-a)
- 80g Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese [Grated] (2 x he-a)
- Bring a large pan of water to boil and add the pasta. Cook until al dente (still firm but edible). Drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, In a small bowl using your hands knead together mince, red chilli and black pepper.
- Spritz a large pan with low fat cooking spray, bring to a medium heat and add the mince. Cook until brown and then place on a few pieces of kitchen roll to drain.
- In the same pan add half a tin of chopped tomatoes, onion, garlic, red pepper, basil and salt. Simmer covered for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, tomato puree, passata and the rest of the chopped tomatos. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes until most of the water has reduced.
- Preheat the oven to 200c/180c fan/gas 6
- Add the pasta and mince into the mix and simmer for a further 5 minutes stirring often.
- Place half of the pasta mixture in to a baking dish, top with the mozzarella and half of the pepperoni, layer the rest of the pasta mixture and top with grated cheddar cheese and the rest of the pepperoni.
- Place into the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until crispy and golden. Serve and enjoy!