Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Bake | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Everything you love about a deluxe pizza without all of the calories. With flavours like pepperoni, beef, onion and plenty of cheese in a kiddo-friendly Slimming World friendly compatible pasta recipe, ready in 55 minutes. What’s not to love?! This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
I am a big pizza fan!! And my family, well they love pizza too, but thankfully they also love pasta… so why not combine the two in a healthy dish?
Once combined, you have the most mouthwatering pasta, full of pizza flavours, and lots of yummy, crispy cheese. This delicious and filling recipe will impress the entire family and certainly won’t break the diet!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Low Syn
- Perfect for the whole family
- Healthier alternative to pizza
- Rich and full of flavour
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Calculated and estimated by the Fatgirlskinny team… simply allow 2 Syns for the Pepperoni and 1 Healthy Extra-A for the cheese used per serving.
For those calorie counters this is only 420 calories per serving.
Related Article: What is Healthy Extra A?
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE. SIGN UP TO EMAILS BELOW.
Spicy Pepperoni Pizza Pasta
- 50g Pepperoni [Sliced] (7 Syns)
- 150g Lean 5% Beef Mince
- 1 Fresh Red Chilli [De-seeded, sliced thinly]
- 300g Dried Pasta of your choice
- 1 Large Onion [Peeled, Diced]
- 2 Cloves Garlic [Peeled, Crushed]
- 1 Red Pepper [De-seeded, finely chopped]
- 3 Large Mushrooms (Optional) [Finely Sliced]
- 1 (400g) Tin Chopped Tomatoes [Italian Syle]
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 200g Passata
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Basil
- Low fat cooking spray (frylight)
- 140g Reduced Fat Mozzarella [Crumbled] (2 x he-a)
- 80g Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese [Grated] (2 x he-a)
- Bring a large pan of water to boil and add the pasta. Cook until al dente (still firm but edible). Drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, In a small bowl using your hands knead together mince, red chilli and black pepper.
- Spritz a large pan with low fat cooking spray, bring to a medium heat and add the mince. Cook until brown and then place on a few pieces of kitchen roll to drain.
- In the same pan add half a tin of chopped tomatoes, onion, garlic, red pepper, basil and salt. Simmer covered for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, tomato puree, passata and the rest of the chopped tomatos. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes until most of the water has reduced.
- Preheat the oven to 200c/180c fan/gas 6
- Add the pasta and mince into the mix and simmer for a further 5 minutes stirring often.
- Place half of the pasta mixture in to a baking dish, top with the mozzarella and half of the pepperoni, layer the rest of the pasta mixture and top with grated cheddar cheese and the rest of the pepperoni.
- Place into the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until crispy and golden. Serve and enjoy!
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.
Absolutely love this recipe thank you for sharing
This recipe is both easy to make, and delicious! I’ve made it twice now, and both times it’s turned out perfect. 😊