Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This delicious spicy slow cooker chilli involves minimal prep, it’s easy to cook and Syn free on the Slimming World plan. The whole family will be ready to eat this after devouring the smell all day long.
Chill is actually one of my favourite recipes of all time and I love throwing it in the slow cooker in the morning and smelling it cook all day. This slow cooker method is my favourite way to cook chilli. The flavor of the slow cooker chilli is rich and robust, the texture of the beef is so tender, and it turns out delicious every single time!
If you don’t already have a slow cooker I HIGHLY recommend this amazing slow cooker from Crock Pot.
The best thing about the CSC026 Crock-Pot slow cooker is the sauté pan which can even be used on any hob (including an induction hob) and stored in fridge or freezer too.
I will be honest the main reason I went for this slow cooker is because I wanted it to fit in with our White/Grey kitchen theme at the time but it turns out it really is an amazing product.
My old slow cooker was cheap and didn’t even have a timer on it. It’s definitely worth paying a little extra for a quality classy looking product.
It’s great for creating loads of wonderful Slimming World recipes and saves so much time when cooking.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Minimal prep involved
- Perfect for batch cooking
- So tasty
- Soft juicy beef
- Syn free
- Full of speed
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: To store, leave the chilli to completely cool down before placing in an airtight container. Keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days. In fact the longer you leave it the better it tastes.
- Reheat: Perfect for reheating in the microwave or over the hob.
- Freezer: This can be frozen for upto 3 months. Store in a suitable container and remember to thaw before reheating.
Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne
- 500g Lean 5% Fat Beef Mince
- 150ml Boiling Beef Stock
- 1 Yellow Pepper [Deseeded and sliced]
- 1 Red Pepper [Deseeded and sliced]
- 1 Onion [Diced]
- 1 tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes, Tinned
- 400g Kidney Beans, Tinned [Drained, washed]
- 1 Garlic Clove [Crushed]
- 2 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- Drain any excess fat from the mince. I am quite obsessed with this so i even put the mince into kitchen roll and really soak up any extra fat or water.
- Place everything into the slow cooker and stir well.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- If you find there is a lot of liquid at the end, place on the hob and simmer until some of the liquid is reduced.