Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
If you don’t already have a slow cooker I HIGHLY recommend this amazing slow cooker from Crock Pot.
The best thing about the CSC026 Crock-Pot slow cooker is the sauté pan which can even be used on any hob (including an induction hob) and stored in fridge or freezer too.
I will be honest the main reason I went for this slow cooker is because I wanted it to fit in with our White/Grey kitchen theme at the time but it turns out it really is an amazing product.
My old slow cooker was cheap and didn’t even have a timer on it. It’s definitely worth paying a little extra for a quality classy looking product.
It’s great for creating loads of wonderful Slimming World recipes and saves so much time when cooking.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Minimal prep involved
- Perfect for batch cooking
- So tasty
- Soft juicy beef
- Syn free
- Full of speed
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: To store, leave the chilli to completely cool down before placing in an airtight container. Keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days. In fact the longer you leave it the better it tastes.
- Reheat: Perfect for reheating in the microwave or over the hob.
- Freezer: This can be frozen for upto 3 months. Store in a suitable container and remember to thaw before reheating.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE! SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne
- 500g Lean 5% Fat Beef Mince
- 150ml Boiling Beef Stock
- 1 Yellow Pepper [Deseeded and sliced]
- 1 Red Pepper [Deseeded and sliced]
- 1 Onion [Diced]
- 1 tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes, Tinned
- 400g Kidney Beans, Tinned [Drained, washed]
- 1 Garlic Clove [Crushed]
- 2 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- Drain any excess fat from the mince. I am quite obsessed with this so i even put the mince into kitchen roll and really soak up any extra fat or water.
- Place everything into the slow cooker and stir well.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- If you find there is a lot of liquid at the end, place on the hob and simmer until some of the liquid is reduced.