These Syn free Accordion Hasselback potatoes will brighten up any Sunday roast dinner. They are Slimming World friendly and easy to make.
Black Pepper Hasselback Potatoes are the new love of my life.. I will literally cook to serve with anything and everything. I think they add something particularly special to a Sunday roast.. or perfect with Steak.. to be honest the list is endless. To make them even more appealing they are of course 100% Syn Free (The two little words every Slimming World follower wants to hear!)
What are Hasselback potatoes (a.k.a Accordion potatoes)? Well they are a baked potato, a roast potato and a chip mixed in one delicious potato.
A great tip if you struggle to your your Healthy Extra A allowance.. try sprinkling the potatoes with cheese for the last 5 minutes of cooking time!
- Preheat Oven to 200c/180c Fan/Gas Mark 6
- Place your first potato onto a serving spoon (this helps to stop you slicing all the way through your potato)
- Using a sharp knife, slice thin slits downwards all across the width of the potato.
- Repeat with each potato.
- Spritz a deep roasting tray with Spray Oil to prevent sticking.
- Place the potatoes into the tray.. sprinkle with black pepper and salt. Spray well with Spray Oil (Frylight) and place into the oven for 1 and a half hours until crispy and golden.
TIP: Try making mini Hasselback using New potatoes.. they are delicious!