Black Pepper Hasselback Potatoes are the new love of my life.. I will literally cook to serve with anything and everything. I think they add something particularly special to a Sunday roast.. or perfect with Steak.. to be honest the list is endless. To make them even more appealing they are of course 100% Syn Free (The two little words every Slimming World follower wants to hear!)
What are Hasselback potatoes (a.k.a Accordion potatoes)? Well they are a baked potato, a roast potato and a chip mixed in one delicious potato.
A great tip if you struggle to your your Healthy Extra A allowance.. try sprinkling the potatoes with cheese for the last 5 minutes of cooking time!
- Preheat Oven to 200c/180c Fan/Gas Mark 6
- Place your first potato onto a serving spoon (this helps to stop you slicing all the way through your potato)
- Using a sharp knife, slice thin slits downwards all across the width of the potato.
- Repeat with each potato.
- Spritz a deep roasting tray with Spray Oil to prevent sticking.
- Place the potatoes into the tray.. sprinkle with black pepper and salt. Spray well with Spray Oil (Frylight) and place into the oven for 1 and a half hours until crispy and golden.
TIP: Try making mini Hasselback using New potatoes.. they are delicious!