SPICY CHICKEN STIR-FRY | HEALTHY SLIMMING RECIPE
This healthy Spicy Chicken Stir Fry is even better than your typical local takeaway version and will be loved by the whole family. Made with diced chicken, speedy vegetables such as broccoli, peppers and mushroom and coated in a delicious savoury, spicy sauce it’s definitely a Slimming friendly mid-week winner. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Forget about boring dinners, not knowing what to make with yet again more chicken or craving takeaways! This mid-week fakeaway is super quick and easy to make and packed full of speed vegetables to boost weight loss and keep you fuller for longer.
I have chosen to use broccoli, pepper and mushroom in addition to chicken when creating this stunning spicy stir-fry. But the great thing about this kind of dish is it’s what I call a “throw anything in” kind of recipe. It would also work well with beansprouts, carrot, onion, green beans, baby corn, mangetout, peas, sweetcorn… well the list is rather endless!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Easy to make
- Perfect for the whole family
- Syn free
- Full of speed
- Cheap to make
- Perfect for batch cooking
- Fakeaway friendly
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 6 months. Thaw before reheating.
If you are looking to create a Chinese fakeaway banquet for everyone to enjoy please check out my other recipes for inspiration.
- Chicken Fried Rice
- Orange Chicken
- Chunky Chips
- Beef in Black Bean Sauce
- Chinese Pork Skewer Kebabs
- Chinese Chicken Breasts
- Beef Stir-Fry
- Mild Chicken Curry
Could I make this dish vegetarian?
Yes absolutely, try swapping the chicken for quorn pieces or extra vegetables for a delicious vegetarian dish.
Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry
- 2 Medium Skinless Chicken Breasts (Diced)
- 1 Large Red Pepper (Chopped Roughly)
- 5 Large mushrooms (Thickly Sliced)
- 1 Handful Broccoli Florets
- 200ml Boiling Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- Add Stock to a pan over a high heat and bring to a simmer. Add broccoli and pepper and allow to simmer until almost all of the liquid is reduced and the vegetables are cooked. If the mixture runs dry add some more water.
- Add chicken and mushrooms to the pan and saute until cooked.
- In a small dish or mug add chilli powder and 2 tbsp water, mix together to form a paste. Set aside.
- To your pan add dark soy sauce, light soy sauce. rice vinegar, oyster sauce, chilli paste and ground ginger. Allow to simmer, stirring often until the liquid is reduced and everything is cooked.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.