This Syn free Spicy Chicken Stir Fry is healthier than your typical local takeaway version and will be loved by the whole family. Made with chunks of chicken, speedy vegetables such as broccoli, peppers and mushroom and coated in a delicious savoury, spicy sauce it’s definitely a Slimming World friendly mid-week winner.
Forget about boring dinners, not knowing what to make with yet again more chicken or craving takeaways! This mid-week fakeaway is super quick and easy to make and packed full of speed vegetables to boost weight loss and keep you fuller for longer.
I have chosen to use broccoli, pepper and mushroom in addition to chicken when creating this stunning spicy stir-fry. But the great thing about this kind of dish is it’s what I call a “throw anything in” kind of recipe. It would also work well with beansprouts, carrot, onion, green beans, baby corn, mangetout, peas, sweetcorn… well the list is rather endless!
Check out my Speed Foods list for some inspiration.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST SPICY CHICKEN STIR-FRY?
- Easy to make
- Perfect for the whole family
- Syn free
- Full of speed
- Cheap to make
- Perfect for batch cooking
- Fakeaway friendly
CAN I REHEAT OR FREEZE THS SPICY CHICKEN STIR-FRY?
Absolutely, place into an airtight container and allow to cool. This will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for 1 month.
Please ensure you defrost thoroughly before reheating in a pan.
IS THIS SPICY CHICKEN STIR-FRY SLIMMING WORLD FRIENDLY?
As mentioned above this recipe is packed full of speedy vegetables.. so you probably couldn’t get a more Slimming World friendly meal.
If you are unsure about Speedy foods please check out my guide here for more information.
This recipe would also work well with noodles added but to keep the carbs low and the speed foods high I decided to keep them out.
If you are looking to create a Chinese fakeaway banquet for everyone to enjoy please check out my other recipes for inspiration.
- Chicken Fried Rice
- Orange Chicken
- Syn Free Chips
- Beef in Black Bean Sauce
- Chinese Pork Skewer Kebabs
- Chinese Chicken Breasts
- Beef Stir-Fry
- Mild Chicken Curry
COULD I MAKE THIS DISH VEGETARIAN?
Yes absolutely, try swapping the chicken for quorn pieces or extra vegetables for a delicious vegetarian dish.
Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry
- 2 Medium Skinless Chicken Breasts (Diced)
- 1 Large Red Pepper (Chopped Roughly)
- 5 Large mushrooms (Thickly Sliced)
- 1 Handful Broccoli Florets
- 200ml Boiling Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- Add Stock to a pan over a high heat and bring to a simmer. Add broccoli and pepper and allow to simmer until almost all of the liquid is reduced and the vegetables are cooked. If the mixture runs dry add some more water.
- Add chicken and mushrooms to the pan and saute until cooked.
- In a small dish or mug add chilli powder and 2 tbsp water, mix together to form a paste. Set aside.
- To your pan add dark soy sauce, light soy sauce. rice vinegar, oyster sauce, chilli paste and ground ginger. Allow to simmer, stirring often until the liquid is reduced and everything is cooked.