Chicken Fried Rice | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This better than takeaway chicken fried rice has yummy moist and tender chicken and rice cooked together. Create your perfect fakeaway night, the whole family will love it and no one will notice it’s healthy!! This recipe has been created with Slimming World in mind but it also perfect for anyone following WW or a calorie controlled plan.
It’s the weekend and you are craving that naughty expensive takeaway…. but you are trying to lose weight and staying on plan! Sooooo what can you do instead? Get yourself an amazing fakeaway on the menu for the whole family! This chicken fried rice is stunning, full of flavour and will impress even the fussiest of foodies!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Packed full of protein
- Great on a budget
- Perfect for the whole family
- Syn Free when following Slimming World
- Low in fat and calories
- Great for freezing
- Perfect batch cook recipe
- Delicious and so easy to make
- Create the ultimate fakeaway
- Full of flavour
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Firstly, try to cool it as quickly as possible and store it straight in the fridge. Rice that’s left at room temperature can result in food poisoning. When you’re reheating the rice, only do so once and make sure you get it very hot to kill off anything that might be lurking. Always eat it within 24 hours of being cooked.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Cool the rice quickly and freeze it within an hour of being cooked. Keep for up to 3 months, thaw before reheating.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE! SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
Chicken Fried Rice
- 110g White Rice (Dried Weight)
- 2 Small Chicken Breast (Boneless, Skinless) [Finely diced]
- 1 Onion [Diced]
- 1 Garlic Clove [Crushed]
- 1 Small Carrot [Grated]
- 3 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 Eggs [Beaten]
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- Wash the rice in warm water.. this is very important to remove all of the excess starch.
- Boil water in a pan and add your rice. Half way through cooking.. remove from heat and drain through a colander. Wash the rice again with hot water. Place back into a pan of boiling water and continue cooking. Repeat this process when it is fully cooked. This prevents the rice from sticking together.
- Allow the rice to cool completely .
- Cook the garlic, onion and carrot until softened in a pan with a little low calorie cooking spray.
- Add the chicken and cook on a medium heat until cooked through.
- Add your beaten eggs and scrambled this in the mixture. Keep it moving to stop from sticking.
- Stir in soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- Reduce the heat and add your rice. Stir continuously and add some extra soy sauce if needed. Season with salt and pepper.