I do apologise for appearing in your inbox many times over the past few days but I have had lots of recipes to post and no time to get them done.. so here I am bringing them to you 🙂
One of the things I am always being asked is for breakfast ideas and recipes using eggs.. This baked egg recipe is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner and its completely Syn free… (Vegetarian too).
I hope everyone is on plan and enjoying the heat.. I know staying on plan in the summer is really hard for some.. too much temptation with BBQS and cocktails.
For this recipe you will need a small (approx 10cm wide) Ramekin or Oven proof dish. I have used these Lifver Ceramic Ramekin dishes from Amazon.
- Preheat the oven to 200c/180c Fan/Gas Mark 5
- Grease a small oven proof ramekin/dish with Frylight.
- Finely chop mushrooms.
- Spray a pan with a little Frylight and bring to a medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, spinach, stock, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and allow to simmer until the spinach has fully wilted from the heat and most of the water has reduced.
- Add the mixture to the the ramekin/dish and make a well in the middle.
- Crack the egg into the well and place into the oven.
- Allow to cook for approx 10 – 15 minutes or until the egg is how you like it.. (20 minutes for a hard yolk).
- Season with salt & pepper and serve.