Creamy Carbonara Pasta | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This Syn Free delicious mid week creamy cheese carbonara is enough to impress all of the family. This Slimming World favourite is one of the easiest pasta recipes you will ever create and it is ready in just 30 minutes.
I am obsessed with pasta and I am the first to admit it.. it’s filling, it’s cheap and it’s quick to cook. The whole family love this recipe and when it only takes 30 minutes to create why wouldn’t I add this to my weekly menu?
Who doesn’t love a good spaghetti Carbonara, I know I do! I have always had a keen interest in Italian cuisine. The sad thing is that carbonara is usually made with full fat cream…. but as always I have created a wonderful healthy Slimming World alternative for you all to try.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Syn Free
- Quick and Easy
- Great for the whole family
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: This recipe is best enjoyed after cooking.
- Reheat: This recipe is best enjoyed after cooking.
- Freezer: This recipe is best enjoyed after cooking.
Creamy Carbonara Pasta
- 200g Dried Pasta
- 160g Dairylea Soft Cheese Spread, Light (80g Is one healthy extra A)
- 4 Bacon Medallions (Roughly Chopped)
- 200g Tinned Lean Ham (Cubed)
- 1 Red Pepper (Diced)
- 3 Large Mushrooms (Roughly Chopped)
- 1 Clove Of Garlic (Crushed)
- ½ tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- 2 Ham Stock Cubes
- Add pasta and 1 ham stock cube to boiling water and simmer until cooked.
- In a pan with Frylight and add pepper, mushrooms, dried mixed herbs, garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a mug add 150ml boiling water and 1 ham stock cube. Add this to a pan with red pepper, mushroom and garlic. Cover with a lid and allow to simmer.
- After 5 minutes remove the lid and allow the liquid to reduce.
- Add bacon and cook for a few minutes. Then add the ham and cook for a further minute.
- Reduced to a low heat and add all of the soft cheese. Stir quickly and ensure everything is coated.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the pasta from the saucepan and into the large pan. (Do not drain the pasta).
- Mix everything together and continue to heat for a further minute. If the mixture feels a little dry add some of the pasta water.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.
Hi and thanks for sharing. I have to cook gluten free and even with that pasta I excited to try this.