This bright delicious asparagus soup tastes rich and creamy, yet it’s made without cream. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Spring is just around the corner (finally).. is it me or has this Winter lasted forever? Lockdown has not helped but I need to get out and about and start creating lots of fresh light recipes for everyone to enjoy. With the new season comes a new harvest of seasonal fruits and vegetables. Asparagus has got to be the most iconic vegetable of the season.
I know you love my soup recipes so I recommend taking advantage of this in-season crop and savour its glorious flavour in a delicious asparagus soup.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST ASPARAGUS SOUP?
- Creamy, yet creamless!!
- Full of flavour
- Made with speed foods
- Delicious and filling
- Syn free*
- Suitable for reheating
- Light and tasty
- Perfect for batch cooking
IS THIS SOUP SUITABLE FOR REHEATING?
Absolutely… allow to cool before storing in airtight containers. Place into the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for 2 months. Defrost before reheating.
Reheat in the microwave for 2 – 3 minutes or in the hob stirring until piping hot.
IS THIS RECIPE SLIMMING WORLD FRIENDLY?
Fatgirlskinny estimates this to be Syn Free* using the fresh ingredients and minimal extras.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE! SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
- 350g Asparagus Tips [stalks chopped and kept, woody ends discarded, tips kept too]
- ½ Onion [Diced]
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 2 Handfuls of Spinach [Shredded]
- 700ml Vegetable Stock [Made with 2 stock cubes]
- 2 tbsp Fat free greek style or natural yogurt
- Pinch Ground Black Pepper
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- Spritz a pan with low calorie cooking spray and fry the asparagus tips over a medium heat for a few minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside on a piece of kitchen roll.
- Add the onion, asparagus stalks and garlic, and simmer for 5-10 mins with 100ml of your vegetable stock until softened but still bright.
- Stir through the spinach, pour over the remaining stock, bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes.
- Blitz with a hand blender, season with black pepper and stir in the yogurt. Heat for a further minute and spoon into bowls and decorate with your tips!