ASPARAGUS SOUP | HEALTHY SLIMMING RECIPE
This bright delicious asparagus soup tastes rich and creamy, yet it’s made without cream. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Spring is just around the corner (finally).. is it me or has this Winter lasted forever? Lockdown has not helped but I need to get out and about and start creating lots of fresh light recipes for everyone to enjoy. With the new season comes a new harvest of seasonal fruits and vegetables. Asparagus has got to be the most iconic vegetable of the season.
I know you love my soup recipes so I recommend taking advantage of this in-season crop and savour its glorious flavour in a delicious asparagus soup.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST ASPARAGUS SOUP?
- Creamy, yet creamless!!
- Full of flavour
- Made with speed foods
- Delicious and filling
- Syn free*
- Suitable for reheating
- Light and tasty
- Perfect for batch cooking
IS THIS SOUP SUITABLE FOR REHEATING?
Absolutely… allow to cool before storing in airtight containers. Place into the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for 2 months. Defrost before reheating.
Reheat in the microwave for 2 – 3 minutes or in the hob stirring until piping hot.
IS THIS RECIPE SLIMMING WORLD FRIENDLY?
Fatgirlskinny estimates this to be Syn Free* using the fresh ingredients and minimal extras.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE! SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
- 350g Asparagus Tips [stalks chopped and kept, woody ends discarded, tips kept too]
- ½ Onion [Diced]
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 2 Handfuls of Spinach [Shredded]
- 700ml Vegetable Stock [Made with 2 stock cubes]
- 2 tbsp Fat free greek style or natural yogurt
- Pinch Ground Black Pepper
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- Spritz a pan with low calorie cooking spray and fry the asparagus tips over a medium heat for a few minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside on a piece of kitchen roll.
- Add the onion, asparagus stalks and garlic, and simmer for 5-10 mins with 100ml of your vegetable stock until softened but still bright.
- Stir through the spinach, pour over the remaining stock, bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes.
- Blitz with a hand blender, season with black pepper and stir in the yogurt. Heat for a further minute and spoon into bowls and decorate with your tips!