Delicious easy to make sour dough based pizza base with lashings of tomato sauce and tasty mozzarella. Healthy, skinny pizza worth every bite.
For us, Friday night was always takeaway night. But now it’s Friday Fakeaway night. Each week we try to come up with healthy ways to reinvent our favourite takeaways. This week is was pizza and it was so worth it!
I am not going to sit here and claim this is the lowest Synned pizza because it isn’t! But I am sick of seeing pizza bases made from wraps, pita breads or cauliflower! I want the real deal and it was worth using my entire daily Syn allowance on this beauty! Don’t do it on the scrimp, let your tummy have what it craves!
SYN FREE TOPPING IDEAS
- Pulled Pork
- Red Onion
- Pineapple (uncooked)
IS THIS PIZZA SLIMMING WORLD FRIENDLY?
Absolutely, as long as you have Syns to spare and do not mind using them. The whole pizza is worth 14.5 Syns and you do also need to spare one of your Healthy extra A allowances.
CAN I REHEAT THIS PIZZA?
Sure, cool before freezing and reheat in the oven for 3 – 5 minutes until cooked through.
Healthy Skinny Pizza
- 75g Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 100g Fat Free Natural Yoghurt
- 50g Half Fat Mozzarella
- ½ Red Onion (Cut into rings)
- 200g Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Granulated Sweetener
- 1 Garlic Clove (Crushed)
- Pinch Mixed Herbs
- 2 Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220c/220c Fan/Gas 7
- In a small pan add chopped tomatoes, garlic, mixed herbs, salt, pepper and sweetener. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer. Allow to simmer, stirring often until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile sift flour into a bowl, add baking powder and salt. Mix together and then make a well in the middle. Add yoghurt into the well and mix together using a fork.
- Place the pizza tray into the oven.
- Sprinkle some flour onto a clean worksurface and onto your hands. Kneed the mixture until you have perfectly smooth pizza dough.
- Remove hot pizza tray from the oven and spritz with a little frylight to prevent sticking.
- Pop the dough onto the tray and mold into a pizza like shape. We are looking for a rustic style base so I would avoid using a rolling pin.
- Pop in to the oven for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip the base.
- Smother with delicious tomato sauce, shred mozarella and spread out evenly all over the pizza. Lightly season with Black pepper and then add the onion (If you are adding your own toppings ensure any meat is pre cooked, do not add raw meat)
- Pop back into the oven for 6 – 8 minutes or until cooked and golden.
Have you created this recipe?
If so I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to let me know how it went in the comments below and even better if you have photos
please tag me on social media.
You can follow me on:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter