These 25 minute stir fry noodles are simple to make and packed with flavour. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
When you are staring at a fridge full of left over vegetables and fancy a healthy, quick and simple meal this one is for you. It only uses two pans, no fancy ingredients and it’s much healthier than a takeaway version. If you are thinking about creating a Chinese fakeaway night this would be a fantastic addition.
This is one of those “everything but the kitchen sink” type dishes where you can throw anything in and it still tastes great. Today I have decided to use broccoli, red pepper, carrot and mushrooms. But it would work just as well with peas, cauliflower, beansprouts, spinach, baby corn, onion etc.. go crazy and try some new combinations.
There are three elements to this dish.. the noodles, the sauce and the vegetables. All of which can be customised to suit you taste. For example if you love a dish with a bit of a kick just increase the chilli powder.
- For extra heat: Increase the amount of chilli powder for more of a kick.
- Reduce the carbs: Try swapping the noodles for butternut squash chunks or corguette spaghetti.
- Add protein: Feel free to add protein.. you can easily add beef, pork, chicken, quorn or tofu to this dish.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST VEGETABLE STIR FRY?
- Full of flavour
- Quick and easy to make
- Syn free
- Great for using leftovers
- Suitable for reheating
- Slimming World friendly
IS THIS RECIPE SUITABLE FOR REHEATING?
Keep any leftovers in an airtight container for 2 – 3 days. They are fantastic cold or reheated in the microwave.
This dish is suitable for freezing, place in a suitable container and keep for up to 2 months. Defrost before reheating.
Stir Fry Vegetable Noodles
- 225g Medium Egg Noodles [Uncooked Weight]
- Frylight/Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- ¼ tsp Ground Dried Ginger
- 3 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 150g Button Mushrooms [Halved]
- 1 Carrot [Finely Sliced or grated]
- 1 Red Pepper [De seeded and sliced]
- 1 [Approx 373g] Head of broccoli [Chopped]
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- 150ml Boiling vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce [Light would work okay too]
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- Pinch Salt
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sweetener
- Cook noodles as per instruction, al dente, do not overcook.
- Meanwhile spritz a pan with Frylight and sauté ginger and garlic over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add onion powder, smoked paprika, chilli powder and all vegetables to the pan. Continue to sauté for 5 minutes. If the vegetables start to burn add a splash of water or vegetable stock .
- In a bowl add stock, soy sauce. rice vinegar, oyster sauce, salt and sweetener. Whisk together and then add to the pan. Allow to simmer over a medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes stirring often.
- Throw in the cooked noodles and toss the ingredients together. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes and then serve.