Homemade Creamy Custard | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This Slimming World friendly easy creamy homemade custard recipe is a cheeky treat for the whole family. It’s so delicious, low in Syns and it takes less than 15 minutes to make. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
One of the benefits of making homemade custard is that you can control exactly what goes into it. This recipe is much lower in sugar than most supermarket bought custard and of course low in Syns too.
I have been making this custard for years and for some strange reason I thought it was already on here. After searching I quickly realised it wasn’t! Once I got over the shock I decided it was time to share it with everyone. It makes the perfect creamy custard for trifles, over crumble, served with banana, cold or hot!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Full of flavour
- Quick and easy to make
- Low in calories
- Low in Syns
- Sugar free
- Suitable for reheating
- Slimming World friendly
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Allow to cool and then store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Not suitable for freezing.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Absolutely.. be sure to allow for your Healthy Extra A but the rest of the Ingredients are all classed as Syn Free.
Healthy Creamy Low Syn Custard
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sweetener
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 200g Fat free natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100ml Whole Milk
- Pinch Nutmeg
- Pour milk into a saucepan and heat gently on the hob over a medium heat.
- In a jug or bowl add egg yolks, sweetener, cornflour, yoghurt and vanilla extract. Mix together well.
- Once the milk is piping hot pour into the other mixture and stir quickly.
- Place everything back into the saucepan and heat slowly over a low heat stirring constantly. Once the custard has thickened add a pinch of nutmeg and stir again before serving.