I have only really ever had pulled pork on top of an unhealthy burger in a restaurant.. so I thought I would try this amazing SYN FREE Slimming world pulled pork recipe. I am so glad i did. Hubby was extremely impressed too!
This serves around 4 people or perfect for portion freezing.
– 1.3kg – 2kg Pork shoulder with all fat removed (1.3kg is absolutely fine for 2 people for one meal)
– 500g Passata
– 5 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
– 2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
– 2 Cloves of garlic (or 2 tsp garlic powder or flakes)
– 1 Tsp Mustard powder
– 4 Tbsp Sweetener
– 1/2 Tsp Paprika
– Salt and pepper seasoning
– Fry light
– Add Passata, Worcestershire sauce, Balsamic vinegar, Mustard powder, Sweetener, Garlic, Salt and Pepper to a small saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
– Remove all of the visible fat from the pork shoulder. This is not always easy, but with a sharp knife it can be managed without loosing too much of the meat.
– Transfer the pork to your slow cooker and cover with the BBQ sauce. Cook on low heat for 8-12 hours depending on the weight of your pork.
– Once cooked place the pork onto a plate or cutting board and tear the meat apart with two forks. You should find the meat falls off of the bone easily.
– Mix with some of the sauce or drizzle once served. Serve in a Healthy Extra B roll or just on it’s own with Slimming world chips and salad.
If you don’t already have a slow cooker I HIGHLY recommend this amazing slow cooker from Crock Pot.
The best thing about the CSC026 Crock-Pot slow cooker is the saute pan which can even be used on an induction hob and stored in fridge or freezer too.
I will be honest the main reason I went for this slow cooker is because I wanted it to fit in with our White/Grey kitchen theme but it turns out it really is an amazing product.
My old slow cooker was cheap and didn’t even have a timer on it. It’s definitely worth paying a little extra for a quality classy looking product.
It’s great for creating loads of wonderful Slimming World recipes and saves so much time when cooking.
When I cook I always substitute oil with Frylight 1 Cal Spray. This spray is Syn free and it’s a HUGE healthy alternative to oil. I find the cheapest place to purchase this from is Home Bargains as its always on offer at around £1.45. But often it’s on offer in Iceland and other Supermarkets.