Beef With Black Bean Sauce | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
A delicious version of what you might find from your local Chinese takeout. This Beef with Black bean sauce is easy to make and so tasty. Perfect for anyone following the Slimming World plan or a calorie deficit.
Like many of our recipes, this one is flexible. You could apply this same cooking method to other proteins—pork, chicken, or even pan-fried tofu. It is also perfect for batch cooking if you run a busy household or like to have portions available to keep yourself on track.
If you are anything like me.. you will LOVE Chinese food 😀 I certainly do. This recipe is a favourite in our house that is for sure. The first time was a little spicy so i have adjusted the recipe slightly. (A little spicy may be underestimating a tad haha).
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- It’s absolutely full of flavour
- A spicy kick which can be adjusted to meet your tastebuds
- Batch cook friendly
- Suitable for freezing
- Perfect for your Chinese “Fakeaway” night
- A great way to introduce your kiddos to Chinese food
- Only requires a little bit of pre prep
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Beef with Black bean sauce is the perfect Low in Syn recipe for anyone following the Slimming World plan. It’s delicious, full of speed foods and perfect to serve alongside White rice or a healthy Green salad.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Allow to cool before storing in an airtight container. Keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before storing in an suitable container. Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Be sure to defrost before reheating.
- Reheating: Reheat in the microwave, add a little water to prevent drying out.
Low syn beef with Black bean sauce
- ½ tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- 150ml Boiling Water
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 357g Sliced Beef [Stir Fry strips work well]
- 1 Large Onion [Peeled, Diced]
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Red Pepper [Deseeded, Sliced]
- 1 Green Pepper [Deseeded, Sliced]
- 5 tbsp Black Beans [Tinned, Drained]
- 2 Red Chilli Peppers [Deseeded, Diced]
- 2 Spring Onions [Finely Sliced]
- 2 tsp Rice Vinegar
Instructions for marinade
- This recipe requires the beef to be marinated overnight. I would recommend at least 12 hours.
- Add all of the marinade ingredients in to a mixing bowl.
- Add the beef and cover all of the strips allowing the marinade to soak in.
- Place the beef into a freezer bag or a covered bowl and keep in the fridge overnight.
Instructions for sauce
- Add the boiling water and a stock cube into a jug to dissolve.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and mix. Set this aside.
- Brown the beef over a medium heat using a little low calorie cooking spray.
- Remove from the pan and the beef aside.
- Over a medium heat add spring onion, onion, chillis, pepper, ginger and garlic to the pan. Add a small amount of water to prevent sticking.
- Cook until softened.
- Add the rice vinegar, black beans and beef.
- Add the stock sauce that you created earlier.
- Cover with a lid and simmer on a low heat for around 5 minutes ensuring the beef is cooked and all of the veggies are soft.
- Serve and enjoy.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.
Just made this – really, really good 🙂
Simple to prepare and tasty to eat. Definitely making this again. Thank you ?
Can you batch cook and freeze this recipe? Thanks!
I have added the information into the recipe 🙂