This delicious low syn Chinese fakeaway recipe will give a gentle spicy kick with just 1/2 a syn per serving.
If you are anything like me.. you will LOVE Chinese food 😀 I certainly do. We tried this amazing recipe tonight and it was fantastic. A new favorite in our house that is for sure. The first time was a little spicy so i have adjusted the recipe slightly. (A little spicy may be underestimating a tad haha)
SERVINGS: 2 – 3
SYNS: 1 SYN for full recipe
For the marinade
For the sauce
– 375g beef stir fry strips (or you can use chicken, turkey or pork)
– 1 large onion (or frozen onion)
– 2 garlic cloves (or 2 tsp garlic powder/flakes)
– 1/2 tsp ground ginger
– 1 Red/Green/Yellow or Orange pepper
– 5 tbsp black beans (mashed)
– 2 red chilli peppers (use 1 for a less spicy recipe)
– 2 spring onions
– 2 tsp rice vinegar
– Fry light
- Try to marinade overnight if possible.. or for as long as you can.
- Add all of the marinade ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Add the beef and cover all of the strips allowing the marinade to soak in.
- Place the beef into a freezer bag or a covered bowl and keep in the fridge overnight or for as long as possible.
- Once you are ready to create your meal first start with the sauce.
- Add the boiling water and a stock cube into a jug to dissolve.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and mix. Set this to one side until later.
- Spray your pan with fry light and brown your beef.
- Once browned remove from pan and put to one side
- Chop the spring onion, onion, chillis and pepper and add to the pan with ginger and garlic.
- Cook until softened.
- Add the rice vinegar, Black beans and beef.
- Add the stock sauce.
- Cover with a lid and simmer on a low heat for around 5 minutes ensuring the beef is cooked.
Serve with rice or a speedy salad/vegetables 🙂 Enjoy, we certainly did!