My mother in law came up with this gorgeous pasta dish after i gave her a list of “free foods” i was allowed to eat.. She even went out and bought frylight too. How sweet.
Anyway it is absolutely delicious I 100% recommend it.
Syn free on Extra easy – Slimming World plan.
Ingredients: (serves 2 – 3 people)
- 250g of skinless chicken breast diced
- 4 Rashers of back bacon with any visible fat removed
- 200g of pasta
- 1 Cup of spinach
- 1 Small onion finely chopped
- 1 Red pepper chopped
- 4 Large mushrooms chopped
- 3 Cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 Tsp of basil
- 1 Tin of chopped tomatoes
- A pinch of black pepper
- 500g of passata
- Cook pasta in boiling water
- In a separate pan, coat with frylight, cook the chicken and bacon with garlic until heated through. Add onion, red pepper, mushrooms and spinach (if using frozen spinach i suggest cooking this with the pasta). Add chopped tomatoes and passata and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in basil and black pepper and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and mix in with tomato mixture, heat through and serve.
For an added extra… add you Hex A cheese grated on top 🙂