Beetroot Hummus | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This delicious beetroot hummus is my new go to snack time treat. It has a refreshing flavour of hummus and beetroot, and is delicious as a dip or healthy spread. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
This delicious beetroot hummus is packed full of flavour. A perfect treat to get you through those tough moments. You know like when you stare into the fridge longingly hoping something delicious will pop out? I like to have lot’s of raw chopped veggies to snack on and this hummus is the perfect way of keeping the veggies interesting without filling up on calories.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Full of flavour
- Syn Free (Unverified)
- Low in calories
- Low in fat
- Quick and easy to make
- Perfect for snacking
- Will store in the fridge
- Slimming friendly
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Freezer: Not suitable for freezing.
- Food Processor
- 400g Canned Chickpeas [Drained, rinsed]
- 2 Large Raw Beetroot
- 2 Cloves Garlic [Crushed]
- Zest and Juice from one lemon
- 3 tbsp Fat Free Greek Style Yoghurt
- Pinch Salt
- Before cooking the beetroot, cut the stems and roots leaving approximately 2.5cm in place. Wash the beets thoroughly being careful not to tear the skin. Place into a pan of cold water, cover with a lid and bring to boil. This should take around 30 minutes.
- Place the beetroots, chickpeas and garlic into a food processor and blitz for 1 minute until Smooth.
- Add lemon juice, yoghurt and salt. Then process until creamy.