Pasta, Bean and Vegetable Soup | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
A warming bowl of this hearty, healthy pasta, bean and vegetable soup is filling enough for a main meal. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
It really is that time of year where a warming bowl of soup gives me that cosy feeling. However I find most soups are only really good for a light lunch. I am always on the look out for a hearty soup that will fulfil that main meal need. This pasta, bean and vegetable soup is perfect for a lunch or a main meal as a larger portion. It is packed full of healthy speedy vegetables so perfect for your weight loss too.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- So tasty
- Easy to make
- Full of speedy vegetables
- Suitable for freezing
- Perfect for batch cooking
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE, SIGN UP TO MY EMAILS BELOW.
Pasta, Bean & Vegetable Soup
- 2 Cloves of Garlic [Crushed]
- ¼ tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Tomato Puree
- 400g Kidney Beans [Drained, Washed]
- 1 Carrot [Peeled, Sliced]
- 1 Small Potato [Peeled, Sliced]
- 1 Large Onion [Diced]
- 1 Red Pepper [Deseeded, Diced]
- 80g Dried Pasta
- Pinch Dried mixed herbs
- 1 Litre Boiling Vegetable Stock [Using 2 Stock Cubes]
- Season of Salt & Pepper
- Add 100ml of the vegetable stock to a pan with onion, pepper and garlic. Cover with a lid and simmer for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add another 100ml to the vegetable stock to the pan along with carrot, potato, chilli powder and mixed herbs. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining stock, pasta, beans, tomato puree and season with salt & pepper. Cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and simmer for a further 10 minutes or until everything is cooked and most of the liquid has reduced. Add more water if neccesary.
- Serve and enjoy
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.
Thanks for sharing. This soup is absolutely delicious and very filling. I followed your recipe exactly and it turned out perfect. Nice to have something warming for lunch on a cold day. Will definitely make it again.
I made this today and it was so quick. Really nice and filling