PASTA, BEAN AND VEGETABLE SOUP | HEALTHY SLIMMING RECIPE
A warming bowl of this hearty, healthy pasta, bean and vegetable soup is filling enough for a main meal. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
It really is that time of year where a warming bowl of soup gives me that cosy feeling. However I find most soups are only really good for a light lunch. I am always on the look out for a hearty soup that will fulfil that main meal need. This pasta, bean and vegetable soup is perfect for a lunch or a main meal as a larger portion. It is packed full of healthy speedy vegetables so perfect for your weight loss too.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST PASTA, BEAN AND VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE?
- So tasty
- Easy to make
- Full of speedy vegetables
- Suitable for freezing
- Perfect for batch cooking
IS THIS RECIPE SUITABLE FOR REHEATING?
Absolutely yes. Cool before storing in an airtight container. Place into the freezer for up to 2 months and in the fridge for 3 days.
Defrost before reheating on the hob for 1 – 3 minutes or in the microwave for 1 – 3 minutes.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE, SIGN UP TO MY EMAILS BELOW.
Looking for other delicious soup recipes? Check out my top favourites here.
Pasta, Bean & Vegetable Soup
- 2 Cloves of Garlic [Crushed]
- ¼ tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Tomato Puree
- 400g Kidney Beans [Drained, Washed]
- 1 Carrot [Peeled, Sliced]
- 1 Small Potato [Peeled, Sliced]
- 1 Large Onion [Diced]
- 1 Red Pepper [Deseeded, Diced]
- 80g Dried Pasta
- Pinch Dried mixed herbs
- 1 Litre Boiling Vegetable Stock [Using 2 Stock Cubes]
- Season of Salt & Pepper
- Add 100ml of the vegetable stock to a pan with onion, pepper and garlic. Cover with a lid and simmer for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add another 100ml to the vegetable stock to the pan along with carrot, potato, chilli powder and mixed herbs. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining stock, pasta, beans, tomato puree and season with salt & pepper. Cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and simmer for a further 10 minutes or until everything is cooked and most of the liquid has reduced. Add more water if neccesary.
- Serve and enjoy