Creamy Feta Pasta | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This TikTok craze feta pasta recipe is ridiculously easy to make and tastes so good. Fresh, delicious and full of flavour this pasta dish will be enough to impress any dinner guest. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Okay maybe I am slow to pick up this trend? Apparently this was a viral TikTok craze a while back? Okay okay I admit it… I hate TikTok with a passion. So it was pretty unlikely I would have noticed it anyway!! Anyhoo I came across it a few weeks ago as a friend made it for us. It was DELICIOUS but covered in olive oil and various other high calorie ingredients… So being the recipe fairy that I am I needed to re create this in a heathy way to keep everyone happy. (I did it by the way lol)
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Quick and easy to make
- Full of flavour
- Syn Free
- Great for the whole family
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Not suitable for freezing
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
The team at Fatgirlskinny.net have created this recipe using 180g of feta cheese (4 portions of Healthy Extra A) so as long as you allow for a portion of Healthy Extra A this is estimated as being Syn free. If not please allow 6 Syns per serving. (Serves 4)
You may wonder why I didn’t just use the reduced fat feta cheese, meaning you could actually use more… WELL I tried it and it was terrible. It was watery and the taste was definitely not up to standard. 100% stick with the full fat feta to get this recipe as close to the original as possible.
Creamy Feta Pasta
- 320g Cherry or Baby Plum Tomatoes
- 2 Clove Garlic [Finely Chopped]
- 1 Onion [Peeled, diced]
- 350g Dried Pasta [Any shape]
- 180g Feta Cheese
- Handful Fresh Basil Leaves [Chopped]
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Frylight/Low calorie cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
- Add onion, garlic and tomatoes into a large ceramic baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Spray generously with cooking spray and then shake the dish until all of the tomatoes are coated.
- Place the block of feta in the middle of the dish with the tomatoes surrounding it.
- Place into the oven for 30 – 40 minutes until the tomatoes are starting to split and the feta is turning golden.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Drain the pasta roughly, some pasta water is okay.
- Remove the tray from the oven, pour over the pasta and using two forks mix everything together. Try not to squish the tomatoes too much just ensure the pasta is covered in the feta. This is where you add the basil. stir this through and serve.