Best Ever Pancakes | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
My idea of the perfect weekend breakfast is a stack of yummy fluffy Pancakes topped with fruit. I love how Pancakes use the most basic of ingredients but taste absolutely amazing. My kids love Sundays because Mrfatgirlskinny usually treats us to freshly cooked pancakes. This recipe is amazing as it is suitable for Slimming World followers or someone trying to make healthy choices.
The best thing about pancakes is they can be adapted to suit everyone. Thick pancakes, thin pancakes, small ones, big ones, shaped ones… They made a fantastic breakfast but can also be enjoyed for lunch and dinner too. We love replacing dinner with pancakes on Shrove Tuesday. I would say these are classed as a UK pancake.. as the pancakes are much thinner, definitely suitable for Pancake Day. American pancakes tend to be far thicker and more dense. Both very tasty but these can be made to suit someone trying to lose weight whilst still enjoying good food.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Fluffy and delicious
- So quick and easy to make
- Perfect for pancake day
- Versatile breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Kids will love them
- Have fun making them
- Experiment with toppings
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: The best thing about this recipe is you can make the batter the day before. Will store in the fridge [covered] for 24 hours.
- Freezer: After cooking the pancake place onto parchment paper. Store in the freezer with parchment paper between each to stop them from sticking. Reheat from frozen in the microwave or on the hob. Store for 1 month. But I would say they are best eaten fresh.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Absolutely.. be sure to allow for your Healthy Extra A. Also the entire recipe is worth 16 Syns so feel free to make larger or smaller pancakes but remember to Syn accordingly.
Related Article: What is Healthy Extra A?
- Zero calorie syrups [such as Skinny Syrup]
- Lemon juice and Sweetener
- Raspberries, Blueberries or banana.
- Low calorie Ice cream such as halo top
- Fat free Greek style yogurt with fruit
Best Ever Pancakes
- 100g Plain Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- 200ml Whole Milk
- 50g Fat Free Natural Yoghurt
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- Pinch Salt
- ½ tsp Granulated Sweetener
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Sift flour into a bowl and make a well in the middle of the flour.
- Crack both eggs into the well.
- Add the milk and yogurt too.
- Add pinch of salt, sweetener and vanilla. Whisk to a smooth batter.
- Put batter into the fridge for at least 30 minutes to rest.
- Spritz a pan with a generous amount of Low calorie cooking spray and place on a medium heat.
- Pour in some of the mixture.. cook for one minute before flipping for a further minute or until golden brown.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.