SIMPLE LEMON PASTA | HEALTHY SLIMMING RECIPE
Simple Lemon Pasta features tender pasta tossed with a tangy garlic lemon sauce, parsley and real butter for a delicious quick and easy pasta dish! This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Sometimes the simple recipes are the best! Here we have a healthier version of the classic Italian pasta recipe, Pasta al Limone.
In this slimming version of lemon pasta we’ll be using a tiny amount of butter for richness, which blends perfectly with the garlic and lemon for a delicious bright and flavourful sauce.
This dish is full of bold flavours and light enough to leave you feeling refreshed and satisfied. Plus, it’s easy to make in just 15 minutes!
This versatile, lemon pasta recipe makes for an easy lunch, dinner or make ahead meal idea! Served along side a delicious leafy Green salad it would impress any dinner guest.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST LEMON PASTA?
- Full of tangy bold flavours
- Delicious and filling
- Low in fat
- Quick and easy to make
- Low in syns*
- A low cost dish for the whole family
IS THIS RECIPE SUITABLE FOR BATCH COOKING?
This dish can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat on the stove over low heat, adding a little water or lemon juice for moisture. Alternatively, warm in the microwave.
This is not suitable for freezing.
TIP: Try swapping the butter for vegan butter for a perfect Vegan dish.
Simple Lemon Pasta
- 230g Dried Spaghetti
- 1 Level tbsp Butter
- 3 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- Pinch Black Pepper
- 3 Lemons [Juiced, keep a small amount of zest]
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Level tsp Parsley
- Cook the spaghetti al dente according to package. Drain but keep half a mug of pasta water. Rinse the spaghetti well under cool running water, then set aside.
- In the same pan the pasta was cooked in, heat the butter over medium heat, add the garlic and black pepper, cook for around 1 minute.
- Add the cooked spaghetti and pasta water, heat until pasta is warmed through.
- Reduce the heat to low, then stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest and parsley. Season to taste with salt.