Carrot and Courgette Muffins | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
These Slimming World friendly carrot and courgette muffins are flavoured with cinnamon and perfect eaten warm from the oven. I love treating myself to these for breakfast and the kiddos love them too. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
These muffins are absolutely delicious and so versatile.. they are perfect for breakfast, snack on the go, lunch box treat or a cheeky evening dessert with a blob of custard! I made these for the first time a few weeks ago and the house smelled amazing! Even better… the kiddos love love loved them! Don’t you just love giving yourself a secret high five when you sneak veg into them? The recipe itself is really easy to make or even fun to get the kids involved too!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Perfect snack
- Low Syn treat
- Kiddos love them
- Sneaky hidden vegetables
- Made with speed foods
- Keep for 5 days
- Easy to make
- Suitable for freezing
- 4 Syns each
- 106 Calories each
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Store: Bake the muffins and allow them to cool. Place them in an airtight container and they will remain fresh for up to 5 days in a cool place. (Not the fridge)
- Freezer: Cool the muffins, place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and pop them into the freezer. They will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. They defrost quickly making them the ideal breakfast or snack on the go.
If you are a batch cook lover, check out my other freezable recipes here.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Yes they are indeed, at only 4 Syns per muffin and containing Speed foods what more could you ask for?
Carrot and Courgette Muffins
- Deep Muffin Tray
- 16 Paper Muffin Cases
- 250g Plain Flour
- 100g Fat Free Greek Style Yoghurt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Large Eggs
- 50g Light Brown Sugar
- 5 tsp Granulated Sweetener
- 2 Level tbsp Sunflower or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Lemon [Zest and Juice]
- 120g Grated Courgette
- 120g Grated Carrot
- Preheat the oven 200c/180c fan/Gas 6.
- Line muffin tin with 16 muffin cases. You may need to cook in two batches if you don't have a big enough tin.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl add the eggs, yoghurt, sugar, sweetener, oil, zest and juice of the lemon. Whisk together till fully incorporated and set aside.
- Gradually fold the wet mixture into the flour mixture and add the grated carrot and courgette. Gently stir until combined. You do not want to over mix, only until the mixture has come together.
- Now spoon the batter into the muffin cases and fill to the top, this will give a good sized muffins.
- Pop into the oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown. To check if they are cooked on the inside, slide a sharp knife in to the middle. If the knife comes out clean they are ready.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the tin.