If you love cheeky desserts and chocolate orange this is a match made in heaven. This Chocolate Orange mousse is quick to make and the perfect dessert for anyone with a sweet tooth. This unofficial recipe is a great find for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
This chocolate orange mousse is incredibly rich, creamy and so easy to make. Light, airy and bubbly mousse that’s incredibly smooth and velvety. It’s a timeless decadent dessert that will satisfy all your chocolate cravings! Chocolate and orange are two flavours that marry well together, made into a mousse is a dessert you need to try.
I first made this for the kids over Christmas and now they are asking for it all of the time. It will be loved by the whole family and with minimal prep it can be whipped up quickly.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST CHOCOLATE ORANGE MOUSSE?
- Rich and creamy
- Fluffy and thick
- Cheeky dessert
- Low in Syn (Unverified)
- Low in calories
- Perfect for the whole family
- So Chocolately
- Keeps in the fridge
IS THIS RECIPE SUITABLE TO PREPARE AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes this will store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Not suitable for freezing.
HOW TO SEPARATE AN EGG
I had the same problem when I started cooking all those years ago… I agree it can be messy work!! Grab yourself one of these brilliant tools from Amazon to help you out!
PUT “EAT CHOCOLATE” AT THE TOP OF YOUR TO DO LIST TODAY….
THAT WAY, AT LEAST YOU WILL GET ONE THING DONE!
Chocolate Orange Mousse
- 25g Dark Chocolate
- 35g Terry's Milk Chocolate Orange
- 50g Fat free Greek style yoghurt
- 1 level tsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 Large Eggs [Whites needed only]
- 1 tsp Granulated Sweetener
- Separate the eggs and keep the whites only. Beat them until they form soft white peaks. Add the sweetener and beat until smooth. Store in the fridge.
- Place all broken chocolate, 2 tbsp water, and cocoa powder into a large heatproof bowl and place over a pan of boiling simmering water. The bowl must not touch touch the water.
- When the chocolate has completely melted, remove the bowl and add 2 tbsp of boiling water and stir.
- Add the yogurt to the chocolate and beat until smooth.
- Remove egg whites from the fridge and gently fold them into the chocolate mixture bit by bit with a metal spoon.
- Divide into 4 and store in fridge for at least 20 minutes before serving.