This versatile spinach and chickpea dip can be made ahead and served with almost anything. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
I am forever on the look out for delicious dips to spice up those boring (ahem I mean delicious) raw veggies. This spinach and chickpea dip is simply delicious, full of flavour and easy to make. Not only is it a simple snack it actually impresses your average dinner guest too.
This dip can be made in advance too as it stores in the fridge for up to 3 days. So there is no need to stress on the day.
WHY IS THIS SPINACH AND CHICKPEA DIP SO GOOD?
- Easy to make
- Low in fat
- Syn free (Unverified)
- Perfect snack
IS IT SUITABLE FOR STORING?
Yes this dip can be stored in the fridge for 3 days in an airtight container.
It is not suitable for freezing.
Spinach and Chickpea Dip
- 100g Tinned chickpeas [Drained, washed]
- 50g Fresh Spinach
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 3 tbsp Fat Free Greek Style Yoghurt
- ½ Lemon [Juiced, Small amount of zest]
- Throw everything into a blender and blitz until smooth. Season with salt as needed.
- If you find the consistency to thick add a tbsp water. If you find it too runny add less lemon juice.