POACHED EGGS: HOW TO DO IT PERFECTLY
Poached eggs are a beautiful thing. The whites are just firm enough on the outside to contain an oozy, golden yolk in a round little egg package. And with a few tips, you too can learn how to poach an egg perfectly every time!
Eggs are FREE when following the Slimming World plan and if you are anything like me they will be included in your daily diet. Poached eggs are one of those items I find people order frequently in restaurants, but they don’t make very often at home. Why? I think most would say that it’s difficult to get that perfect shape.
The Perfect Poached Egg
- 1 Egg
- Boiling Water
- 1 Sauce pan or frying pan
- 1 Slotted spoon
- 1 Small bowl or ramekin
- Kitchen towel
- Bring around 2 inches of water to boil in a non stick pan. Pure metal pans are the worst to cook a poached egg in as the egg sticks to the sides. Once the water is boiling turn down the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Crack your egg into a small bowl or ramekin.
- Pour your egg into the simmering water quickly.
- Do not touch the egg, do not worry if the egg looks rough.. a poached egg is not always perfect.
- If you like your poached egg soft/runny allow 2 minutes cooking time. If you like your egg harder allow around 3 to 4 minutes cooking time.
- To remove your egg uses a slotted spoon to lift gently and allow the water to run out.
- Place onto some kitchen towel to dry off before serving.