Delicious Syn Free Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts With Bacon.
Brussel Sprouts.. Love them or Hate them.. they are usually a big debate at Christmas. I absolutely adore sprouts, even when I was a child I would eat them first before touching anything else on my plate (yes yes I am a little strange). But Mr Fatgirlskinny HATES them.. so we don’t have them often. I find roasting them with bacon makes all the difference and is a bit of a twist on the boring traditional dish. (Oh and it’s Syn free too)
I have created this recipe to inspire you to try something new at Christmas and for anyone who is convinced they don’t like Brussel Sprouts. I always believe the reason people dislike them so much is because they over cooked and mushy. The trick is to roast them at a high temperature so that they are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside (not soggy).
Servings: 2 – 3
400g Brussel Sprouts, with the stalks chopped off
5 Bacon Medallions
Salt And Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180c/160c Fan/Gas Mark 3
- Par boil the Brussel Sprouts for 2 minutes, remove, drain and dry on kitchen roll.
- Slice the bacon into small pieces.
- Spritz a deep baking pan with Frylight and add the sprouts. Season with plenty of Salt and Pepper.
- Sprinkle over the bacon pieces and coat everything in a fine mist of Frylight.
- Roast in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes, turning half way.
- Serve with your delicious Christmas dinner and make everyone fall in love with sprouts.