Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts With Bacon | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Love them or loathe them, sprouts usually make an appearance during the festive period – why not try roasting them in the oven with some tasty chopped bacon? This Christmas recipe is perfect for a Slimming World follower being Syn free and totally delicious.
Brussel Sprouts.. they are usually a big debate at Christmas. I absolutely adore sprouts, even when I was a child I would eat them first before touching anything else on my plate (yes yes I am a little strange). But Mr Fatgirlskinny HATES them.. so we don’t have them often. I find roasting them with bacon makes all the difference and is a bit of a twist on the boring traditional dish.
I have created this recipe to inspire everyone to try something new at Christmas and for anyone who is convinced they don’t like Brussel Sprouts. I always believe the reason people dislike them so much is because they over cooked and mushy. The trick is to roast them at a high temperature so that they are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside (not soggy).
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- You might be lucky enough to get your kiddos to try them
- They are totally Syn free
- They taste absolutely delicious
- Easy to make
- It might change your mind about sprouts
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the oven or in a pan with some low calorie cooking spray.
- Freezer: When sprouts are thawed they tend to turn to mush so I don’t recommend freezing them. If you have a lot of sprouts left over why not try turning them into a soup or bubble and squeak?
Related Article: Roasted Brussel Sprout Soup
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Absolutely, there are not Syns here! Fill your plate with these on Christmas Day and you might even stay on plan! Good luck!
Can I cook these sprouts in the Air fryer?
Yes this can be modified to use the Air fryer. Pop into the air fryer for 5 minutes. Shake, season, spray with more low calorie cooking spray and then cook for a further 2 – 3 minutes.
I do think the results are better in the oven but they can be very tasty from the air fryer.
If you like this Christmas dinner recipe idea… you might like these too:
Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts With Bacon
- 400 grams Brussel Sprouts (Peeled and stalks removed)
- 5 Bacon Medallions
- Salt And Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180c/160c Fan/Gas Mark 3.
- Par boil the Brussel Sprouts for 2 minutes, remove, drain and dry on kitchen roll.
- Slice the bacon into small pieces.
- Spritz a deep baking pan with Frylight and add the sprouts. Season with plenty of Salt and Pepper.
- Sprinkle over the bacon pieces and coat everything in a fine mist of Frylight.
- Roast in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes, turning half way.
- Air Fryer: If you wish to use the air fryer, place the sprouts in for 5 minutes. Shake, season, spray with low calorie cooking spray and return to the air fryer for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Serve with your delicious Christmas dinner and make everyone fall in love with sprouts.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.