These crispy low syn Chicken tenders are coated in cornflakes to create the perfect KFC Chicken Fakeaway. They are quick, simple and easy to make, not forgetting tasty for all of the family. They make the perfect low Syn Slimming World and low Point Weight Watchers treat.
Many of you will already be a fan of my couscous coated KFC fakeaway. Don’t get me wrong I still love that but this new recipe creates a much crunchier texture and it could soon be a favourite in the Fatgirlskinny household.
Mr Fatgirlskinny and I LOVE chicken as you can probably tell from the recipes I bring you all. Its low in fat and high in protein, not forgetting Syn free. So I am always trying to create new and simple recipes including our favourite lean meat.
I had seen this Cornflake recipe created on a cooking show years ago. But it was using buttermilk and a huge quantity of Oil. Obviously this is a no no for us Slimmingworlders (is that a word?). Unfortunately we already have to Syn the cornflakes so I didn’t want to add any other Synned ingredients.
I sent a photo of my meal to mummy Fatigirlskinny last night and she replied “yummy”. I then proceeded to tell her it was made from Cornflakes and she replied “That’s weird!” I agree it does feel odd to create a savoury meal from a breakfast cereal but I guarantee you won’t even notice its made from cornflakes! Its delicious 🙂
So here we go.. a low Syn crispy KFC fakeaway! Enjoy…
SYNS: 4.5 Syns Per Serving
WEIGHT WATCHERS: 6 Points Per Serving
- Pre heat oven to 200c/180c Fan/Gas Mark 4
- Slice each chicken breast into 3 large sections.
- Crack 3 eggs into a bowl large enough to coat chicken. Beat the eggs well and place to one side.
- Weigh the cornflakes into a sandwich bag or similar. Using a rolling pin or a mug crush them to small sections (but not breadcrumbs)
- Place the cornflakes into bowl large enough for coating the chicken.
- Add Paprika, Smoked Paprika, Mustard Powder and Salt to the cornflakes and mix together.
- Spritz a baking tray with a little Frylight to stop the chicken from sticking (Or you could use greaseproof paper)
- Now it’s time to get messy and coat the chicken.
- Dip your first section of chicken into the beaten egg coating well. Then roll in the cornflake mixture. Dip back into the egg re coating and roll again in the cornflake mixture. (Finally it’s okay to double dip!!)
- Place onto the tray and repeat with each section of chicken. After each section of chicken give the bowl of cornflakes a shake as the spices tend to sink to the bottom.
- If you have any cornflakes left at the end feel free to distribute between each section of chicken.
- Spritz with a little Frylight and place into the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until crispy and golden.
These are not suitable for freezing or reheating. But they would last in the fridge for 2 – 3 days and they are also delicious cold or sliced into a salad.