Leftover Turkey Curry | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Spice up your Christmas leftovers with this stunning leftover turkey curry. A delicious aromatic curry of cooked turkey, onions and peppers in a creamy spicy sauce. This recipe is perfect for anyone who is following the Slimming World plan, Weight Watchers or a calorie deficit.
Merry Christmas to all, did you have a wonderful day?
Did anyone else absolutely mess up their turkey this year? I severely overcooked the poor bird and it has ended up like a pair of old wellies!
“Don’t worry it will be fine with some gravy” said Mrfatgirlskinny… I however began devising my plan for using the leftovers and here we have it… this delicious juicy leftover turkey curry which is perfect for using up leftover or old welly boot turkey!
The secret to the best leftover turkey curry is to cook the creamy delicious sauce first. After that, we can just add the already cooked turkey and yogurt before heating through for a further 5 to 10 minutes. The result is succulent tender pieces of turkey as you’ve removed the risk of toughening the meat even more through over-cooking.
Easy leftover turkey curry is a real crowd pleaser and the perfect answer to what to do with turkey leftovers.
Recipe Tip: This would also work with leftover chicken
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- So creamy and delicious
- Easy to make
- A great way to use leftovers
- A winner for the whole family
- Syn free on the Slimming World plan
- Low in calories
- Perfect for a fakeaway night
We love creamy turkey curry with homemade naan bread from our stash in the freezer. Very quickly you’ll have a leftover Christmas Indian feast.
After all the rush and prep beforehand and then Christmas Day itself, we like to enjoy a relaxing Boxing Day or the days to follow. That includes easy, quick comfort food to enjoy whilst watching a Christmas film.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
I wouldn’t recommend freezing or storing leftover turkey curry because the meat has already been reheated. To then freeze, defrost and reheat again goes against the advise of not reheating leftovers more than once.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Absolutely, the recipe uses all Syn free ingredients, therefore this recipe has been classed as Syn free by the Fatgirlskinny team.
Leftover Turkey Curry
- 1 White Onion [Peeled, finely diced]
- 400g Passata
- 500g Leftover Turkey [In chunks]
- 200g Fat Free Greek Style Yoghurt [Room temperature]
- Pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 3 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 2 tsp Medium Chilli Powder [Swap to hot or add extra if required]
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper [De seeded, Sliced into chunks]
- Handful Fresh Spinach
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- 100ml Turkey or chicken stock
- Add 100ml stock into a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and pepper. Allow to simmer for a few minutes until softened.
- Add all of the spices, tomato puree and passata. Stir well, cover with a lid and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the spinach, yoghurt and leftover turkey. Stir and cover with a lid. Simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- The turkey needs to be piping hot all the way through. If using a thermometer the temperature reading should be at least 70c.
- Serve over white rice with a delicious fluffy naan bread.