Best Ever Low Syn Naan Bread | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This Naan Bread recipe is a brilliant healthy alternative to store bought naan bread. Also quick, easy and cheap to make. They are suitable for freezing and the perfect side dish for a delicious curry. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
I love a curry but I am always craving a good naan bread to mop up the leftover sauce. Sadly most store bought naan breads are pretty high in calories so I set about trying to create the ultimate Slimming friendly naan bread.
Let me just say… if you are lucky enough to be able to find any flour during this crazy time we are living in (covid 2020) good on you! Crack on and make this delicious recipe! For those of you who literally cannot find a bag of flour anywhere you may need to wait a little longer before you can sample.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Quick to make
- Easy and mess free
- Low Syn
- Low in Calories
- Makes an excellent pizza base
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Storing: Store any cooked naan breads in a airtight bag or tin for up to 2 days.
- Reheat: Splash with a little water and place into the oven for a few minutes or pop back into the pan on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable freezer bag. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
We estimate that the recipe is worth 32 Syns and it will make approx. 10 mini naan bread. You are welcome to make larger or smaller naan but remember to Syn accordingly.
If you like this recipe, you need something to serve it with now….
Top naan bread tips
- These make excellent pizza bases, simply cook as normal then top with our Syn Free pizza sauce, mozzarella and your choice of toppings. Pop into the oven and taadaaaa an amazing pizza!
- Make for lunch, fill with our chicken tikka marinated meat and sliced tomato… they make the perfect sandwich containers 🙂
- They also make perfect burger buns use make them slightly rounder.. create one of our Syn Free burgers, use a naan each side and you have a 6 Syn burger!
- Perfect soup dippers! Try one of our many many soup recipes and use these naans alongside.
- They are great for a breakfast sandwich.. add some bacon and 2 fried eggs.
Mini Naan Bread
- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 175g Fat Free Greek Style Yoghurt
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Granules (Optional)
- Add self raising flour, yoghurt, salt and pepper into a bowl. Combine the ingredients using a wooden spoon. (Or use dough attachment on electric mixer)
- Dust work surface with flour and spend a few minutes kneading your mixture. (Not necessary if you are using electric mixer)
- Divide mixture into 10 equal balls. Flatten and make into naan bread shapes. Use a rolling pin to roll into 6 – 7 cm thick naans.
- Over a medium to high heat spray a pan with plenty of frylight and cook each naan bread separately. Approx 1 – 2 minutes each side.