This Naan Bread recipe is low in Syn, quick, easy and cheap to make. They are suitable for freezing and the perfect side dish for a delicious Syn free curry.
I love a curry but I am always craving a good naan bread to mop up the leftover sauce. Sadly most store bought naan breads are pretty high in Syns so I set about trying to create the ultimate low Syn naan bread.
Let me just say… if you are lucky enough to be able to find any flour during this crazy time we are living in good on you! Crack on and make this delicious recipe! For those of you who literally cannot find a bag of flour anywhere you may need to wait a little longer before you can sample.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST HEALTHY NAAN BREAD?
- Low Syn
- Low in Calories
CAN I FREEZE AND REHEAT THESE NAAN BREAD?
Yes absolutely! Allow to cook and freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost throroughly and warm through in the oven before devouring.
The recipe below is worth 32 Syns and it will make approx. 10 mini naan bread. You are welcome to make larger or smaller naan but remember to Syn accordingly.
All you need now is the perfect curry to serve alongside….
TIP: THESE MAKE AMAZING PIZZA BASES TOO!
Mini Naan Bread
- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 175g Fat Free Greek Style Yoghurt
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Granules (Optional)
- Add self raising flour, yoghurt, salt and pepper into a bowl. Combine the ingredients using a wooden spoon. (Or use dough attachment on electric mixer)
- Dust work surface with flour and spend a few minutes kneading your mixture. (Not necessary if you are using electric mixer)
- Divide mixture into 10 equal balls. Flatten and make into naan bread shapes. Use a rolling pin to roll into 6 – 7 cm thick naans.
- Over a medium to high heat spray a pan with plenty of frylight and cook each naan bread separately. Approx 1 – 2 minutes each side.
Have you created this recipe?
If so I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to let me know how it went in the comments below and even better if you have photos
please tag me on social media.
You can follow me on: