Chinese Orange Chicken | Slimming World Friendly Fakeaway Recipe
Quick and easy Slimming friendly stir fried chicken in a delicious sweet orange sauce. This healthy recipe makes the perfect weeknight meal or a cheeky Chinese fakeaway! This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
This delicious version of the popular Chinese Orange Chicken packs in all of the amazing sweet and savoury orange flavour of the restaurant style version, but with only a fraction of the calories and fat. Making this Slimming friendly meant it had to be naturally sweetened with honey making this an acceptable healthy evening meal when following the a controlled weight loss plan.
So many orange chicken recipes I see online are made using Fanta Orange to try and keep the recipe low in Syns. I however prefer to allow a couple of extra Syns and use fresh Orange juice. Meaning you are left with a delicious sticky authentic Chinese orange chicken fakeaway.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Naturally sweet
- Low Syn when following Slimming World
- Ready in just 20 minutes
- Perfect for batch cooking
- Fakeaway night friendly
- The whole family will love it
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
- 2 Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts (Diced)
- 80ml Smooth Orange Juice (1.5 Syns)
- 2 Level tbsp Honey (5 Syns)
- 1 level tbsp Sriracha Hot Chilli Sauce (½ A syn)
- 2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- ½ tsp Garlic Granules
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Level tbsp Cornflour (1 Syn)
- 1 tbsp Cold Water
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Spritz some Frylight in a pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- In a small cup mix together cornflour and 1 tablespoon of water.
- In a seperate bowl add orange juce. honey, sriracha, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic granules, ginger, salt, pepper and the cornflour mix. Stir throughly.
- Add the sauce to the pan and over a medium heat cook the chicken in the sauce until it thickens. Serve with your choice of side.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.
Hi, cant get rice vinegar here what can i substitute ?
You could definitely try apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar 🙂
Looks good but could you leave out the hot chilli sauce because I am allergic to chilli thankyou in anticipation for a prompt reply.
Hi there Sarah
Yes it would work without, just less of a spicy kick x
Thanks will give it a go
Can’t wait to try this it looks Delicious
Since we are effectively on ‘lock down’ while Corona virus restrictions apply, I found I had all the ingredients required for this recipe already in the kitchen/fridge/freezer. My husband and i made this together, following the recipe to the letter……and it was FABULOUS. Definitely one recipe to try and use regularly. Thank you so much for all your efforts to share your wonderful dishes.
Looking for something different for my hubby and I for dinner. This recipe took my fancy but wasnt sure if hubby would… needn’t have worried.. he cant wait to have orange spices chicken again. Wonderful and tasty. Quick to prepare and so versatile. Thank you. X
I must lose weight. I am diabetic and MUST lose weight. I’d like to do iceland meals is that a good way to go.
Cooked this last night and it was delicious. My husband loved it too and he’s a fussy eater! We want more sauce though so next time I will double up the sauce ingredients and take the syns!! So easy to do as well. I am loving your recipes and it’s really boosted our variety of food that we eat. Thank you! I never thought I could get my husband to try different food but he is now thanks to you!!! If only I can get him to try pasta 🙏