Quick and easy Slimming friendly stir fried chicken in a delicious sweet orange sauce. This healthy recipe makes the perfect weeknight meal! This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
This delicious version of the popular Chinese Orange Chicken packs in all of the amazing sweet and savoury orange flavour of the restaurant style version, but with only a fraction of the calories and fat. Making this Slimming friendly meant it had to be naturally sweetened with honey making this an acceptable healthy evening meal when following the a controlled weight loss plan.
So many orange chicken recipes I see online are made using Fanta Orange to try and keep the recipe low in Syns. I however prefer to allow a couple of extra Syns and use fresh Orange juice. Meaning you are left with a delicious sticky authentic Chinese orange chicken fakeaway.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST ORANGE CHICKEN?
- Naturally sweet
- Low Syn*
- Ready in just 20 minutes
CAN I REHEAT OR FREEZE THS ORANGE CHICKEN?
Yes allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.
Keep in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for 1 month. Defrost completely before reheating in a pan.
- 2 Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts (Diced)
- 80ml Smooth Orange Juice (1.5 Syns)
- 2 Level tbsp Honey (5 Syns)
- 1 level tbsp Sriracha Hot Chilli Sauce (½ A syn)
- 2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- ½ tsp Garlic Granules
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Level tbsp Cornflour (1 Syn)
- 1 tbsp Cold Water
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Spritz some Frylight in a pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- In a small cup mix together cornflour and 1 tablespoon of water.
- In a seperate bowl add orange juce. honey, sriracha, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic granules, ginger, salt, pepper and the cornflour mix. Stir throughly.
- Add the sauce to the pan and over a medium heat cook the chicken in the sauce until it thickens. Serve with your choice of side.