I am always being asked by followers for more vegetarian friendly recipes 🙂 So today we tried this beautiful chickpea curry. It’s not too spicy so if you fancy a little extra warmth just add more chilli.
Serves: 2- 3 People
Syn: SYN FREE
For The Paste:
1/2 Onion Diced
1/2 Tsp Chilli powder/Lazy Chilli (Add more for extra spice)
3 Garlic Cloves Crushed or 3 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Tsp Ginger Powder
1 Tsp Ground Coriander
1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
1 Tsp Garam Masala
2 Tbsp Tomato Puree
4 Tbsp Fat Free Natural Yogurt
1/3 Tsp Salt
For The Curry:
1 x 400g Can Of Chickpeas
400g Chopped Tomatoes
70g Fresh Spinach
- Spritz a little Frylight into a non stick frying pan and cook diced onion until softened.
- Add crushed garlic cloves, Chilli, Ginger, Coriander, Cumin, Garam Masala, Tomato Puree, Salt and Yogurt to the pan and heat for a few minutes until a paste is formed.
- If the paste seems a little dry add a few drops of water to the mix.
- Add the chickpeas and chopped tomatoes and simmer for 8-10 minutes reducing down the tomatoes.
- Add spinach and cook for a further few minutes before serving.
Serve over Syn Free Rice 🙂