Chilli Beef Strips | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This quick and easy meal is absolutely delicious with a bit of a kick.. swap mince for beef strips and try something new. Syn Free when following the Slimming world plan and only 267 calories per serving too.
We loooove our chilli’s using mince, but Hubby fancied trying our usual recipe with strips of beef instead. Personally I think he was trying to blow my head off and trying to copy his favourite Mexican meal of “Chile Rojo”. Thankfully it is not quite as hot as that 🙂 The spices are based on a mild recipe so if you fancy it a bit hotter just had a bit more hot chilli powder :).
All syn free… add as much rice as you feel you need.. hubby and i usually have approx 55g each for a hearty serving.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Syn Free
- Suitable for freezing
- Plenty of kick
- Tender beef
- Low in calories
- Easy to make
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Whilst this has not been checked by Slimming World, it has been estimated by us as Syn Free. So fill your boots and enjoy!
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: To store, leave the chilli to completely cool down before placing in an airtight container. Store it in a fridge for up to 3 days. In fact the longer you leave it the better it tastes.
- Reheat: Perfect for reheating in the microwave or over the hob.
- Freezer: This can be frozen for upto 3 months. Store in a suitable container and remember to thaw before reheating.
Chilli Beef Strips
- 350g Beef stir fry strips [or upgrade and use rump steak]
- 1 Yellow Pepper [De seeded, sliced]
- 1 Red Pepper [De seeded, sliced]
- 1 Onion [Peeled, Diced]
- 400g Tin Kidney Beans [Drained]
- 2 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- 1 Garlic Clove [Crushed]
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 250g Passata
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- Frylight/Low calorie cooking spray
- Spritz a pan with Frylight and place over a medium heat.
- Add pepper and onion to the pan and cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add kidney beans. tomato puree, chopped tomatoes and pasta to the pan.
- Stir in all of the herbs and spices and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the beef and simmer (not boil) for a further 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has gone and the beef is cooked.
- Serve and enjoy.