Rich, indulgent and creamy cheese and broccoli soup. This is so quick and easy to make with very minimal effort but makes a gorgeous filling meal at only 218 calories. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
I have to admit it has taken me many attempts to make this soup perfect. Four attempts later and I have discovered I was simply not using enough cheese to get the taste right. Generally what you look for from a cheese and broccoli soup is for it to actually taste of cheese right? I also wanted to keep the recipe using just 1 Healthy Extra A portions per serving. Finally I smashed it 🙂 I bring you one of the best soups you will try this year.. it’s like velvet in a bowl.
One of the things I love about creating soup is that it’s batch cook friendly. I love to create large portions which can be frozen and heated up when I need a quick and easy meal. But this soup is also plenty enough to feed the whole family for a hearty meal.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST CHEESE AND BROCCOLI SOUP?
- So creamy
- Delicious and indulgent
- Easy to make
- Perfect for batch cooking
- Suitable for freezing
- The whole family will love it
- Syn free*
- Only 218 Calories per serving
LOOKING TO TAKE SOUP TO WORK BUT DON’T HAVE ACCESS TO A MICROWAVE?
My dad actually recommended this product after he started his weight loss journey. He is obsessed with homemade soup (and his soup maker may I add..) and he was desperate to take soup to work. His company is tight and wouldn’t fork out for a microwave so he invested in this awesome soup thermos. It will keep food hot for up to 6 hours! Perfect for soup, porridge, curry etc.
IS THIS RECIPE SUITABLE FOR FREEZING AND REHEATING?
Absolutely… allow to cool before storing in airtight containers. Place into the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for 2 months. Defrost before reheating.
Reheat in the microwave for 2 – 3 minutes or in the hob stirring until piping hot.
I think I am right in saying broccoli may not be for everyone. So why not check out some of my other soup recipes.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE, SIGN UP TO MY EMAILS BELOW.
Cheese & Broccoli Soup
- 1 Large onion [Diced]
- 1 Garlic Clove [Crushed]
- 800g Frozen or Fresh broccoli florets
- 650ml Boiling vegetable stock [Made with 2 stock cubes]
- 2 The Laughing Cow Original Triangle (17.5g) [1 Healthy Extra Portion]
- 60g Cheddar Cheese, Finely Grated [2 Healthy Extra Portion]
- 1 tbsp Fat Free Natural Yoghurt [Room temperature]
- ½ tsp Mustard Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Place the onion and garlic into a pan with 50ml of the vegetable stock. Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for a few minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the rest of the stock, broccoli, mustard powder and season with salt & pepper. Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 20 – 25 minutes or until the broccoli is soft.
- Remove from the heat and add the cheese triangles. With a food processor or hand blender, blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Place over a low heat and stir in the yogurt and grated cheddar cheese. Stir for 1 – 2 minutes before serving.