Cheese and Broccoli Soup | Healthy Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Rich, indulgent and creamy cheese and broccoli soup. This is so quick and easy to make with very minimal effort but makes a gorgeous filling meal at only 218 calories. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
I have to admit it has taken me many attempts to make this soup perfect. Four attempts later and I have discovered I was simply not using enough cheese to get the taste right. Generally what you look for from a cheese and broccoli soup is for it to actually taste of cheese right? I also wanted to keep the recipe using just 1 Healthy Extra A portions per serving. Finally I smashed it 🙂 I bring you one of the best soups you will try this year.. it’s like velvet in a bowl.
One of the things I love about creating soup is that it’s batch cook friendly. I love to create large portions which can be frozen and heated up when I need a quick and easy meal. But this soup is also plenty enough to feed the whole family for a hearty meal.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- So creamy
- Delicious and indulgent
- Easy to make
- Perfect for batch cooking
- Suitable for freezing
- The whole family will love it
- Syn free
- Only 218 Calories per serving
Looking to take this soup to work?
My dad actually recommended this product after he started his weight loss journey. He is obsessed with homemade soup (and his soup maker may I add..) and he was desperate to take soup to work. His company is tight and wouldn’t fork out for a microwave so he invested in this awesome soup thermos. It will keep food hot for up to 6 hours! Perfect for soup, porridge, curry etc.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Allow to cool and then store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
If you like this soup recipe… you might also like these too:
- Healthy spinach soup
- Vegan lentil soup
- Pea and mint soup
- Carrot ginger soup
- Roasted cauliflower soup
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE, SIGN UP TO MY EMAILS BELOW.
Cheese & Broccoli Soup
- 1 Large onion [Diced]
- 1 Garlic Clove [Crushed]
- 800g Frozen or Fresh broccoli florets
- 650ml Boiling vegetable stock [Made with 2 stock cubes]
- 2 The Laughing Cow Original Triangle (17.5g) [1 Healthy Extra Portion]
- 60g Cheddar Cheese, Finely Grated [2 Healthy Extra Portion]
- 1 tbsp Fat Free Natural Yoghurt [Room temperature]
- ½ tsp Mustard Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Place the onion and garlic into a pan with 50ml of the vegetable stock. Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for a few minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the rest of the stock, broccoli, mustard powder and season with salt & pepper. Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 20 – 25 minutes or until the broccoli is soft.
- Remove from the heat and add the cheese triangles. With a food processor or hand blender, blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Place over a low heat and stir in the yogurt and grated cheddar cheese. Stir for 1 – 2 minutes before serving.