Roasted Carrot Soup | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Delicious creamy roasted carrot soup, perfect and filling when following trying to stay healthy and lose weight. Easy to make and suitable for freezing too. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Do you like carrots? You’re going to love this delicious creamy roasted carrot soup.
You will be pleasantly surprised to hear that this creamy soup is actually made without cream. It is light and healthy too, not to mention quick and easy to make. Not only is this soup made from speedy vegetables which focus on our weight loss, it’s also a great way of getting more veggies into the kiddos.
I have always been a huge fan of carrot soup, in fact I like most things made from carrots.. including carrot cake 😉 My grandmother made the most delicious carrot and parsnip soup when I was a little girl. I often hear people say they go for the tomato soup when they are feeling unwell.. but I think my go to would also be carrot or lentil soup.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- So easy to make
- Budget friendly
- Full of speed vegetables
- Suitable for batch cooking
- Full of flavour
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
Roasted Carrot Soup
- 800g Carrots [Peeled and slice diagonally]
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- 1 Medium Onion [Peeled and roughly chopped]
- 3 Cloves Of Garlic [Crushed]
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- 850ml Vegetable Stock [Made with 2 stock cubes]
- ½ tsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Salt
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200c/180c Fan/Gas 6
- Placed sliced carrots and onion into a bowl. Spritz with a good helping of cooking spray and add the cumin. Using your hands coat the carrots in the spice and oil.
- Place onto a baking tray and into the oven for 30 – 45 minutes or until they are caramelized on the edges and you can push a fork throught them.
- Once cooked, spritz a pan with cooking spray over a medium heat. Add the carrots, onion, garlic and salt. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and lemon juice. Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool for a few minutes. Place into a food processor or use a hand blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place back over the heat, add a twist/pinch of Black pepper and stir for a minute whilst reheating before serving.