These fries are amazingly crispy and healthy and no one would believe they were baked. They are perfectly healthy but that doesn’t mean they are not tasty. Easy to make, full of speed food and even the kiddos will love them too. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
When I first served these fries no one would believe I hadn’t fried them! Nope, honestly I didn’t even air fry them. They are 100% baked in the oven and taste fantastic. I am constantly on the hunt for recipes that are made from speed foods. Rather than just removing half of my meal and adding a salad, I prefer to create from speed food if possible. Who’s with me on that?
These baked courgette fries (or Zucchini for my lovely American followers) are the perfect side dish to so many meals. If you have kiddos who are not into their veg (or a fussy husband) these fries are the perfect way to disguise a pretty unappetising looking vegetable.
WHY ARE THESE BAKED COURGETTE FRIES SO GOOD?
- Quick and easy to make
- Perfect for disguising vegetables
- Full of speed food
- Low Syn*
ARE THEY SUITABLE FOR REHEATING/FREEZING?
Sadly not, these need to be eaten on the same day as baking. They are best served piping hot.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE, SIGN UP TO MY EMAILS BELOW
Low Syn Baked Courgette Fries
- 50g Panko Breadcrumbs
- 60g Parmesan [Grated]
- ¼ tsp Basil
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 Large Courgette [Sliced into large chunky fry shapes]
- 2 Eggs [Beaten]
- Pre heat oven to 220c/200c Fan/Gas 7.
- Prepare a baking tray by either greasing with frylight or using grease proof paper.
- In a bowl, combine Panko Breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan, Garlic, Salt and Basil. Set aside.
- Working one at a time, dip each strip of courgette into the egg, then dredge in the breadcrumb mixture and place each onto the baking tray. Spritz each with Frylight.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until the panko has turned Golden Brown. Serve immediately. Season with extra salt if required.