Rustic Bacon Mac and Cheese | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This creamy, cheesy, Syn free rustic Mac and Cheese will outshine any Mac and Cheese you have tried before. With added bacon pieces it adds to the flavour and it is very simple to create. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Mr Fatgirlskinny was not happy this morning when I told him he couldn’t have his usual cereal with milk because I wanted him to save both of his Healthy extra A allowances for this amazing Mac and Cheese. BUT all was forgiven when he tasted it!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- So cheesy and creamy
- Crispy on the top
- Low in fat and a healthier option
- Perfect for batch cooking
- The whole family will love it
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
This recipe is completely Syn free as long as you are using both of your daily Healthy Extra allowances. The whole dish is worth 4 HEA and we recommend 2 servings.
Mac and Cheese is the ultimate comfort food but it doesn’t have to be served alone. I threw a salad with mine but this could be served in smaller baking dishes along side a delicious steak (American styley). It can also be frozen and reheated so don’t be put off by the quantities.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or in the oven.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
If you like this recipe you are sure to like these too……
YOU ARE THE MAC TO MY CHEESE….
Rustic Bacon Mac & Cheese
- 250 g Dried Macaroni Pasta
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 4 Bacon Medallions (Roughly Chopped)
- 250g Quark (Or Cottage Cheese Blended)
- 2 Medium Eggs
- ¼ tsp Mustard Powder
- 160g Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
- Large Pinch Of Salt
- Season Of Black Pepper
- Pre Heat Oven 220c, 200c fan or Gas Mark 7.
- Weigh pasta and cook as per the instructions and 1 Chicken stock cube.
- Spritz a pan with a little Frylight and cook the chopped bacon for a few minutes and then set aside.
- In a small bowl or jug add Quark, Mustard Powder, Salt and Black Pepper. Mix together thoroughly.
- Add one egg at a time and whisk well.
- Add 80% Of the grated cheese and fold this into the mixture.
- Drain the pasta but place back into the saucepan (with no heat). Add the bacon and cheesy mixture. Mix until all of the pasta is covered.
- Place the mixture into a baking dish, cover with the remaining grated cheese and pop into the oven for 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy 🙂