Syn Free Belgian Waffles | Slimming World Recipe
Delicious Syn free Belgian waffles made with your Healthy Extra B. Quick and easy to make with very minimal effort.
Ooooo Syn Free Belgian waffles, where have you been all of my life? These are absolutely delicious and use your HEXB of oats.
There are two very easy ways to make these waffles.. one slightly cheaper option and one more authentic.
I don’t have anymore room in my kitchen for another gadget so I opt for the cheaper easier option.. this waffle mold is perfect, easy to clean and doesn’t take up loads of space in the kitchen.
They come in two shapes and sizes.. heart shape or square shape.
If you don’t already have one of these just click the photos to see the listing on Amazon.
I am using Fat free natural yogurt to create the recipe. But you can substitute with a flavoured Mullerlight yoghurt. Just remember to syn this accordingly. I have a list of Mullerlight Syns here.
Our Followers LOVE this recipe too… If you have made this recipe don’t forget to tag us.. @fatgirlskinny___
If waffles aren’t your thing, check out my article on other breakfast ideas here.
Syn Free Belgian Waffles
- Food Processor
- Waffle Maker or Waffle Mold
- 40 g Oats
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Sweetener
- 150 g Fat Free Natural or Greek Yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180c/160c Fan/Gas Mark 4.
- Using a food processor or a NutriBullet blitz your oats to a flour like consistency and set to one side. (If you don’t have a blender you can place the oats into a bag and use a rolling pin to grind. This will not create such a fine consistency but it does do the job.)
- In a separate bowl beat both eggs until you have a frothy like mixture.
- Add the oats bit by bit mixing as you go, and then do the same with yogurt.
- Add Sweetener, Cinnamon and Vanilla Essence. Beat well with a whisk trying to get lots of air into the mixture.
- Place into the oven for around 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile spritz a flat baking tray with Frylight.
- Turn the mold upside down onto the baking tray and place back into the oven for around 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- To check they are cooked all the way through.. push a knife into the middle.. if it comes out clean they are cooked.
Syn Free: Raspberries, Blueberries, Strawberries, Apple, Banana, Peach, Quark, Natural yogurt
Synned: Maple syrup, Choc Shot, Icecream