Delicious Belgian Waffles | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Delicious Syn free Belgian waffles made with your Healthy Extra B. Quick and easy to make with very minimal effort.
Ooooo Syn Free Belgian waffles, where have you been all of my life? These are absolutely delicious and use your HEXB of oats.
There are two very easy ways to make these waffles.. one slightly cheaper option and one more authentic.
I don’t have anymore room in my kitchen for another gadget so I opt for the cheaper easier option.. this waffle mold is perfect, easy to clean and doesn’t take up loads of space in the kitchen.
They come in two shapes and sizes.. heart shape or square shape.
If you don’t already have one of these just click the photos to see the listing on Amazon.
I am using Fat free natural yogurt to create the recipe. But you can substitute with a flavoured Mullerlight yoghurt. Just remember to syn this accordingly. I have a list of Mullerlight Syns here.
Our Followers LOVE this recipe too… If you have made this recipe don’t forget to tag us.. @fatgirlskinny___
If waffles aren’t your thing, check out my article on other breakfast ideas here.
Syn Free Belgian Waffles
- Food Processor
- Waffle Maker or Waffle Mold
- 40 g Oats
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Sweetener
- 150 g Fat Free Natural or Greek Yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180c/160c Fan/Gas Mark 4.
- Using a food processor or a NutriBullet blitz your oats to a flour like consistency and set to one side. (If you don’t have a blender you can place the oats into a bag and use a rolling pin to grind. This will not create such a fine consistency but it does do the job.)
- In a separate bowl beat both eggs until you have a frothy like mixture.
- Add the oats bit by bit mixing as you go, and then do the same with yogurt.
- Add Sweetener, Cinnamon and Vanilla Essence. Beat well with a whisk trying to get lots of air into the mixture.
- Spritz the Waffle mold with a little Frylight to prevent sticking.
- Pour the mixture into the Waffle mold and then spritz again with a little Frylight.
- Place into the oven for around 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile spritz a flat baking tray with Frylight.
- Turn the mold upside down onto the baking tray and place back into the oven for around 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- To check they are cooked all the way through.. push a knife into the middle.. if it comes out clean they are cooked.
Syn Free: Raspberries, Blueberries, Strawberries, Apple, Banana, Peach, Quark, Natural yogurt
Synned: Maple syrup, Choc Shot, Icecream
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.
Thank you for the recipe❤️ But can you use ready break instead of oats?
I have never tried it as I am not keen on Ready Brek so I don’t have it in the house.. I should think it would work in a very similar way however so give it a go and let me know how you get on 🙂 x
How many waffles does it make?
It will fill one waffle mold as shown in two different shapes
Hi, just made these, tasted great. Can you freeze them?
I’ve never tried to be honest but I don’t see any harm in trying. X
Hi, when you say 180c, is this for fan ovens or conventional ovens?
160 for fan 🙂
Unbelievable, just like normal waffles, had ours with frozen berries and Halo Top ice cream, yummy
Hi can you make these in a Brevel waffle maker instead?
Hi there, I have never tried it as I don’t have one 🙂 But I dont see why not.
Hi new member here.. is this classed as a free food recipe ? Thank you
Hi there, all of the info needed is in the recipe 🙂 you need to use your healthy extra b to make it syn free
Do they taste as good warmed up next day as i eat breakfast at work. These would be a great change i can make night before x
I will be honest i have never tried it 🙂 If you do let me know how it goes x
By 1 serving do you mean 1 waffle? I can’t get my head round it x
1 Serving means you eat the entire mixture yourself.. the amount of waffles it makes depends on the size of your waffle mold 🙂 Just devour the lot.. it uses your full Healthy Extra B for the day.
Hi there! bit late to the party, but i have really gotten into your website recently. This may sound like an absolutely ridiculous question, but do you take the waffles out of the mould when you turn it upside down or do you leave them in there? Thank you x
You remove them at this point 🙂
When I make waffles and want to reheat them later, I pop them into the toaster. It works really well:-)