Butternut Squash Soup | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Served piping hot with a chunk of bread, this creamy, delicious butternut squash soup recipe is winter comfort food at its best. Syn Free when following the Slimming World plan this soup is the perfect lunch time filler.
Let’s cozy up with a bowl of warm, creamy Syn Free butternut squash soup. Butternut squash and cold weather go together like they were made for each other—which, really, they were.
If like me you struggle to find a filling and Syn Free lunch, this soup is the perfect dish. This easy butternut squash soup recipe is also a great make-ahead option. In fact, it tastes even better the next day. SO Let’s get to it!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Easy to make
- So filling
- Syn free
- Perfect lunch
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
Syn Free Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 Onion [Peeled, Finely Diced]
- 1 Butternut Squash [Peeled, de seeded, cut into chunks]
- 1 Large Potato [Peel, Cut into small cubes]
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 800ml Vegetable Stock
- Pinch Salt
- Frylight/Low calorie cooking spray
- Add Butternut and potato. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt and stock.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir often.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes. Then use a food processor or hand blender to blend until smooth.
- This can also be made in a soup cooker. Throw everything in and set to smooth.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.