Served piping hot with a chunk of bread, this creamy, delicious butternut squash soup recipe is winter comfort food at its best. Syn Free when following the Slimming World plan this soup is the perfect lunch time filler.
Let’s cozy up with a bowl of warm, creamy Syn Free butternut squash soup. Butternut squash and cold weather go together like they were made for each other—which, really, they were.
If like me you struggle to find a filling and Syn Free lunch, this soup is the perfect dish. This easy butternut squash soup recipe is also a great make-ahead option. In fact, it tastes even better the next day. SO Let’s get to it!
WHY IS THIS THE BEST SYN FREE BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE?
- Easy to make
- So filling
- Syn free
- Perfect lunch
IS THIS SOUP SUITABLE FOR BATCH COOKING?
Allow leftover soup to cool before transferring it to a proper storage container and refrigerating it for up to 4 days (leftovers taste even better the next day!). Or, freeze this soup for up to 3 months. Defrost before reheating.
Syn Free Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 Onion [Peeled, Finely Diced]
- 1 Butternut Squash [Peeled, de seeded, cut into chunks]
- 1 Large Potato [Peel, Cut into small cubes]
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 800ml Vegetable Stock
- Pinch Salt
- Frylight/Low calorie cooking spray
- Add Butternut and potato. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt and stock.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir often.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes. Then use a food processor or hand blender to blend until smooth.
- This can also be made in a soup cooker. Throw everything in and set to smooth.